Removing ABS?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadazan

Personally, I hate the Nissan Leaf ABS in the big snow (live in Quebec). I prefer pumping the brake manually.
Can somebody tell me how to remove the ABS on the Nissan Leaf?
All my older car was only a fuse to remove but I think the Leaf is a little bit different.
Thank you.

I don't believe it can be easily done on the Leaf--the ABS braking actuator is integrated with the "intelligent electric braking system" on the Leaf, which involves communication from the regen, pedal position, hydraulic boost, traction control and auto differential systems, so I don't think the ABS can be shut off easily without reprogramming the whole system. It certainly is not just a matter of pulling a fuse.

LeafBrakes.jpg

I have my doubts about whether it is even a good idea to disable the ABS anyway. There is no way a human can modulate the brake pedal as fast as a computer can (at least a well-programmed one). I don't like the way the boost or brake safety override systems work in the Leaf's "intelligent braking," but the ABS seems to work fine, although I don't do any driving in the snow, so YMMV.

TT

Back