Homelink and community gates.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willk55

I finally was able (after giving up previously) to get my homelink to work with my community gate. :)
1. Press the button you want to program and hold (the light next to the homelink button will flash slowly).
2. Hold the remote 3.5 inches from the button (keep holding the homelink button down).
3. Press the remote several times until you see the light next to the homelink button flashing rapidly. Then you can let go of all buttons and it should work on the gate. :)
4. You may have to do this several times adjusting the distance of the remote from the homelink button (I had too).

willk55 said:
I finally was able (after giving up previously) to get my homelink to work with my community gate. :)
1. Press the button you want to program and hold (the light next to the homelink button will flash slowly).
2. Hold the remote 3.5 inches from the button (keep holding the homelink button down).
3. Press the remote several times until you see the light next to the homelink button flashing rapidly. Then you can let go of all buttons and it should work on the gate. :)
4. You may have to do this several times adjusting the distance of the remote from the homelink button (I had too).

One of the best standard features on the SL. I have the garage door at the house and two gates I used to carry openers for - one for our community gate and one for the parking lot gate at work. I utilized an old Walkman bag for toting them.

Now I just need the Homelink mirror. Real glad it was designed for three devices rather than just one or two! :D

Back