Wind Deflector

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ztanos

I did a couple of searches and if someone finds it please let me know as I don't want to start a new thread.

Has anyone used wind deflectors on the windows? Does it cause reduction in range? How noisy is it? Etc... I'm curious because it would let you leave your windows cracked even when raining to release some of the interior heat. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm really surprised there aren't options for this. If ever there were a car for it this is it. Would much rather have the windows down than run the AC. Perhaps the effect on the aerodynamics is too great?

DaPooch said:
I'm really surprised there aren't options for this. If ever there were a car for it this is it. Would much rather have the windows down than run the AC. Perhaps the effect on the aerodynamics is too great?

Not on no option, for USA cars, but nothing on the aftermarket either. I tried the modify a set from a Juke, but no amount of heat gun and trimming worked.

It is what it is I suppose.

DaPooch said:
If ever there were a car for it this is it. Would much rather have the windows down than run the AC.
I'm thinking the opposite. With no hot engine, using the ventilation system should work better than usual. And with the heat and A/C turned off (a battle of wits in my 2011) it uses next to nothing in terms of power.

I don't know about noise (but intuitively it just seems like it would be), but it most definitely would increase drag...

ztanos said:
Has anyone used wind deflectors on the windows? Does it cause reduction in range? How noisy is it?

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

Just received it today and get it installed.

smnewport said:
Hi Chuhouse

Have you noticed any drop in range since you installed the deflectors?
Nope. Not at all. The JDM deflectors doesn't extend too much while still let you to have some space for fresh air. So it keep the original aerodynamic for the air flow.

resize_image.php

Back