My LEAF became a TARDIS :-)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eHelmholtz

Parking here requires that the car be a TARDIS
TARDIS_Parking1.JPG
AND So the LEAF becomes....
TARDIS_Parking2.JPG

The time machine that the BBC's Doctor Who travels around in is called a Tardis, which is an acronym for "Time and Relative Dimension(s) in Space." A product of Time Lord technology, a properly maintained and piloted TARDIS can transport its occupants to any point in time and space. The interior of a TARDIS is much larger than its exterior, which can blend in with its surroundings through the ship's chameleon circuit. However, the one used by the show's character has a damaged circuit, so it always looks like a police call box.

Or is it something else?

BLUEH20 said:
The time machine that the BBC's Doctor Who travels around in is called a Tardis, which is an acronym for "Time and Relative Dimension(s) in Space." A product of Time Lord technology, a properly maintained and piloted TARDIS can transport its occupants to any point in time and space. The interior of a TARDIS is much larger than its exterior, which can blend in with its surroundings through the ship's chameleon circuit. However, the one used by the show's character has a damaged circuit, so it always looks like a police call box.

Or is it something else?
Exactly, and I thought this may be too Sci-Fi geekish for this forum! Notice the parking sign includes the police box and reads "violators will be sent back to Gallifrey." Incidentally, my TARDIS is bigger on the inside.

eHelmholtz said:
Exactly, and I thought this may be too Sci-Fi geekish for this forum! Notice the parking sign includes the police box and reads "violators will be sent back to Gallifrey." Incidentally, my TARDIS is bigger on the inside.

So it would appear that, in addition to your Earthly HOV stickers, you've also got a parking emblem from the Planet of the Spiders...

I wonder how many dinner conversations in your area will begin with "I saw one of those TARDISSES on the road today..."

Do you still have the front badge? Maybe someone will walk into a Nissan dealer looking for a 2012 TARDIS. :lol:

Anyone know the speed limit for Tardis' (Tardii ? ) in the inter-galactic HOV lanes?

How many people do you need in a Tardis to qualify for the inter-galactic HOV lanes if your Tardis isn't electric and doesn't have the HOV sticker?

Way Cool! Where is that sign? Cue Doctor Who Music...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N77GAsv8X-Q[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRhPM2wMzH8[/youtube]

Several years ago I made a little video with my Honda Insight. I put a camera on a tripod and took video of me walking out to my car and getting in. Then I turned off the camera, moved the car out of my driveway, and resumed the video for a few seconds. Then I edited them together with a cross-fade and added the TARDIS sound into the video. It looked surprisingly convincing. I'd post the video but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

My hauling vehicle (a big, blue 1996 K2500 suburban) earned the name "TARD1S." We are calling our Leaf the "Heart of Gold" since it is "shaped like a sleek running shoe, perfectly white, and mindbogglingly beautiful" (not to mention the improbability drive).

Thanks everyone for the comments!

EVDrive, I grew up watching Buck Rogers, Battle Star Galactica, and Star Trek!
Glenn, yes the TARDIS does go through time and space so in addition to the emblem from the Spider planet I also thought to put the autobot emblem but since that planet has been destroyed there is less need ;-P
Nubo, I still have the front emblem but painted glacier pearl to "blend in with it's surroundings." I have seen half a dozen people taking photos of my rear bumper area and have wondered whether they would ask to find a Nissan TARDIS but hope that the zero emissions badges would point back to LEAF and give them a chuckle and more incentive to buy and mod.
ElectricVehicle, thanks for the clips - they're awesome! You know very well that speed limits don't apply to a TARDIS since time and space travel make speed a non-issue (I think).
Adric22 - sounds cool; post it.
Ticktock - TARDISes come in many sizes and shapes; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TARDIS#Other_TARDISes yours must have been a real work horse.

My LEAF is actually an Aperture Science "Land Enabled Automotive Ferry" which conveniently doesn't require me to change the badge ;)

I do have a license surround that says "My Other Car Is A Portal Gun" though.

LEAFback.png

My dad was disappointed when I told him I couldn't change the startup noise on his Volt to be the TARDIS noise. We are big Who fans as well as general nerds.

Devin said:
My LEAF is actually an Aperture Science "Land Enabled Automotive Ferry" which conveniently doesn't require me to change the badge ;)

Awesome. I need one for my car; it would go well with the shirt I often wear. :mrgreen:

d1dc_aperture_laboratories_polo_shirt.jpg

Devin said:
My dad was disappointed when I told him I couldn't change the startup noise on his Volt to be the TARDIS noise. We are big Who fans as well as general nerds.

I like that - portal gun, might have to use it!
Wouldn't it be awesome if we could get the startup sound to be the TARDIS sound or the Doctor Who series sound?

Nubo said:
I wonder how many dinner conversations in your area will begin with "I saw one of those TARDISSES on the road today..."
Do you still have the front badge? Maybe someone will walk into a Nissan dealer looking for a 2012 TARDIS. :lol:
And so it begins.... I took the TARDIS out to Balboa Park in San Diego and another LEAF driver asked me what make my car was?! Admittedly, she didn't see the Nissan badge in the front and her husband was quick to say, "It's a LEAF." To which I concurred straightaway.

DaveinOlyWA said:
you have a "Mt. Rainier" delivery van and live in LA?
That's my uncle's. It's a 1930 (if I recall) Ford Model A panel truck, which started it's life as a delivery truck. We're currently working on restoring his Model A sedan.

Devin said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
you have a "Mt. Rainier" delivery van and live in LA?
That's my uncle's. It's a 1930 (if I recall) Ford Model A panel truck, which started it's life as a delivery truck. We're currently working on restoring his Model A sedan.

WOW!! the car looks great!

Thanks! I'll pass the comments along to him - he'll be thrilled to hear it! From what I've gathered the panel truck variant of the Model A is pretty hard to come by, especially one in decent shape. Also, this could be one of the most entertaining thread-hijacks ever. Only on MNL can we go from a discussion about the TARDIS to the Model A.

Devin said:
Thanks! I'll pass the comments along to him - he'll be thrilled to hear it! From what I've gathered the panel truck variant of the Model A is pretty hard to come by, especially one in decent shape. Also, this could be one of the most entertaining thread-hijacks ever. Only on MNL can we go from a discussion about the TARDIS to the Model A.
Agreed - transitioning from the TARDIS to a Model A is a hijack that I wouldn't mind ;-)

Back