Seat covers that don't suck?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xartle

I have a two year old and the nearly white, fabric seats. Obviously, this is going to cause a problem in the long run... Has anyone bought any seat covers that look decent? Normally I go with leather in cars but it wasn't a factory option and I'm on a lease so switching out the seats isn't a very good option. Amazon seems to have literally hundreds of variations of seat covers for the leopard print and hello kitty sets, but I'm looking for something a little more... adult.

Any thoughts?

The popular seat covers seem to be the Wet Okole as mentioned in this thread:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5501" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can also do a forum search (but use the Google search at the top of the search page).

xartle said:
I have a two year old and the nearly white, fabric seats. Obviously, this is going to cause a problem in the long run... Has anyone bought any seat covers that look decent? Normally I go with leather in cars but it wasn't a factory option and I'm on a lease so switching out the seats isn't a very good option. Amazon seems to have literally hundreds of variations of seat covers for the leopard print and hello kitty sets, but I'm looking for something a little more... adult.

Any thoughts?
Info on Katzkin leather seats and Wet Okole seat covers: http://nissanleafwiki.com/index.php?title=Body/Appearance_-_Interior" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Since you're on a lease, I'd suggest you get something that's easy to put on or take off so you can resell it after your lease is over, if you decide not to keep the Leaf. The WetOkole seat covers fit this criteria nicely.

After checking out the link (and the price) of those seat covers, you'll pay close to Wet Okole prices for something similar to what I bought on the "group buy". Now that I have my car, I finally installed the WO covers, and I have to say they're VERY nice. In fact, the best thing is that the "group" figured out that the light grey/dark grey combo (which is NOT the most expensive) look great with the Leaf interior--and I have to agree. Getting the "zero emission" logo in the seat back was the icing on the cake.

Thanks for the info and great links! I hadn't found the Leaf wiki yet. Great resource. (I've only had the Leaf about 30 hours now, I'm new.) :)

Has anyone actually seen Leaf fabric take a permanent stain?.. its made from recycled PET plastic, a extremely stain resistant material. Just give your kid some red Kool-aid and see what happens.

kool_aid_man_glass.jpg

Dyeing fabrics with Kool-aid is popular:

http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall02/FEATdyedwool.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's what the dealer was saying too, but it's just so... white! I'll be sure to post a picture of my first stain. :)

I wound up using evnow's idea from this post. Inexpensive at about $35.00 for the full set and they fit reasonably well. Well padded and I like the mesh in the middle (the lighter area), as I think it helps keep you cooler, though my wife thinks it's "scritchy" on bare skin (I disagree). I don't care for the way the rear seatback cover attaches (numerous elastic loops held by a clip in a "wagonwheel" fashion that you can see when the back hatch is open), but it works. easkag posted some good pics of the rear covers here.

My wife even "modded" the third rear headrest cover to fit quite well over the center console, so I don't have to worry about my arm resting there and getting it dirty. :)

Since I picked an eco-friendly car I'm also looking for eco-friendly seat protectant and cleaner. Does anyone know a good eco-friendly cleaner that won't stain or ruin the Leaf's interior? I've seen a couple things online but I'm not sure if this is good for this type of fabric! Please help!

Since I'm considering front seat covers from http://www.carscover.com/, I sent them $10 for some fabric samples. Below is a photo of them on the Leaf seat. The suede and velour have a foam middle layer that make them rather thick.

When I'm done with the samples (very soon), if anyone is interested, I can forward them to you, if you pm me your mailing address.

carscover_samples_web.jpg

Looks like Carcover.com is a front for Coverkinng (same colors/models, no cust service, only front row seat covers available) For the price of poly cotton seat covers @ carcover you can get neoprene seat covers by ordering from COSTCO website.

CASF said:
Looks like Carcover.com is a front for Coverkinng (same colors/models, no cust service, only front row seat covers available) For the price of poly cotton seat covers @ carcover you can get neoprene seat covers by ordering from COSTCO website.
Good point, but neoprene really ain't for me. :) Plus I'd have to "join" Costco first ($55).

Herm said:
Has anyone actually seen Leaf fabric take a permanent stain?.. its made from recycled PET plastic, a extremely stain resistant material.
I put a garlic bread loaf on the seat that leaked butter out of the package. The butter stain looks horrible.

I am planning on going with leather.

I just went through an exchange with CarCoverPlanet.com - ordered Cordura/Ballistic Tan, which looked close to Leaf
colors on the internet. When they arrived, the color was a much darker brown, nothing like the Leaf, looks terrible.
They had CoverKing send me samples. The SpacerMesh taupe sample was a good match, unfortunately,
the SpacerMesh material only comes in a 2-tone design, with back sides and your color in the center.
(I think it is also a much cheaper material.) Did not like the look of 2-tone. I had them cancel the order, and refund my $$.
They were very professional, and said they would refund all my $. I did pay shipping to return the original covers.

Back