Bra

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electricvw

Anyone else purchase a Bra for their Leaf? It is a must where I live.

leafbra.jpg

Is that your car? If so how do you like the Bra?
I am planning on getting my windows tinted this weekend and was going to inquire about about a clear bra.

mdvb747 said:
Is that your car? If so how do you like the Bra?
I am planning on getting my windows tinted this weekend and was going to inquire about about a clear bra.
I asked about a clear bra when I got my windows tinted and the guy wants $500 for it. The thing is while it's guaranteed not to turn yellow for 5 years, it's not a lifetime warranty like the window tint. So I'm not prepared to pay $500 every 5 years to put a new one on. I don't even know how much it costs to take the old one off.

Glad you got the protection from the bra, but I personally am not a fan of that style. Despite the protection, IMO it's a dated look (reminds me of an 80's muscle car) and a lot of debris can get caught along the borders. I actually had that style bra on my 2003 Acura RSX, but after a while I decided it just wasn't for me.

I put a clear bra on my 2007 Honda S2000 and absolutely loved it. Great protection and kept the look of the car.

I even put a 3M clear bra on my Leaf. It's awesome, but also cost me $600. I've been meaning to post a pic, but you really can't see it, especially on my white car. It covers quite a bit, too - the whole front bumper, part of the side panels, charging door, rear view mirrors, and I'd estimate about 70% of the hood.

shrink said:
I even put a 3M clear bra on my Leaf. It's awesome, but also cost me $600. I've been meaning to post a pic, but you really can't see it, especially on my white car. It covers quite a bit, too - the whole front bumper, part of the side panels, charging door, rear view mirrors, and I'd estimate about 70% of the hood.

$600 sounds pretty good. The guy who tinted my windows said that he would do it for about $800, and that dealers charged people $1500 for him to put the 3M clear stuff on their BMWs.

Has anyone in the Bay Area had the 3M clear bra installed?

Back