Range Of Leaf - My free Windows Phone 7 app

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

I just published my first Leaf WP7 app. It estimates the remaining range based on the miles/kwh & miles driven so far (after the last charge). Hopefully, it is better than Leaf’s estimate.

RangeOfLeaf99.png

http://social.zune.net/redirect?type=phoneApp&id=d3ea848f-6caa-e011-a53c-78e7d1fa76f8

RangeOfLeaf is an application that helps owners of Nissan Leaf electric car estimate the amount of charge that the battery holds and how many miles they can travel on that charge. While Leaf shows the remaining range on the dash, drivers have found that to be unreliable.

To use this tool, first reset your Miles/KWh and the Trip odometer number after charging the car. To find out the remaining range and state of charge (SOC), enter the miles driven as shown in the trip odometer and the Miles/KWh as shown by Leaf console or dash. The tool estimates the SOC and shows how many more miles you can travel, if you drive at the same average speed. The tool also shows the average speed till now and the remaining rage at different speeds you may drive.

Note that all the numbers are estimates and come from my own experience driving the car and of many others who posted their experience on www.mynissanleaf.com website.

Here is a screenshot ...

RangeOfLeaf1.png

If someone is interested in making the app for iOS or Android, let me know. I'll send you the simple "algorithm" used.

evnow said:
If someone is interested in making the app for iOS or Android, let me know. I'll send you the simple "algorithm" used.
Sure. I could whip up a free version for iOS and/or Android in a week or so.

Packet said:
evnow said:
Sure. I could whip up a free version for iOS and/or Android in a week or so.
I'll PM you the relevent code.

Back