Cargo Organizer Cover

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luft

I see that when the cargo organizer is installed the compartments are covered. When the back seats are down this forms a almost perfectly flat area even over the "charging hump."

Are the cargo organizer covers weight bearing? i.e. can I pile stuff on top will they break? If a child crawls in back will they break?

They're plenty strong. There's no way a child will ever break them and any load that you can carry in the LEAF won't break them, either. If you're planning to carry very heavy small items like gold bars or depleted uranium, you probably should be on a different forum. :lol:

They are pretty thin, and don't look too sturdy. I will say, though, that I threw (well, carefully loaded) an old broken toilet in there and took it to the dump, but that was with the seats folded, and most of the weight on the "hump". I also carried a heavy old CRT-type TV back there for several days with the seats up before I got it to the recycling site.

They do sag a bit if you push down on them, but so far no sign of cracking or breaking.

Ray

There is a label on mine located on the plastic ridge next to the removable top at the very rear of the cargo organizer that reads "MAX LOAD 150 lbs (68 kg)". I would say children could get hurt playing on it and they might damage it. It certainly is not safe for them to be there when the car is moving.

On the other hand as I child I used to sit/lie in a similarly located compartment behind the rearmost seats above the engine compartment in a 1955 VW Microbus! No seat belts anywhere back then... It became less attractive only after a 1/2 gallon of milk spilled there from a trip back from the grocery store and because the fabric liner couldn't be adequately cleaned a strong smell of sour milk lingered from then on.

Back