Car Wraps

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrick0101

The local power company put a vinyl strip on their Leaf. It looks pretty good.
248633_10150203701233020_138510433019_7219156_2523600_n.jpg

I should have closed the door so you could see more.
Has anyone else modified the external appearance?

I had been thinking about personalizing my LEAF (when I get it--presuming this month). My friend just moved to Colorado, and his print house in Orange County made them--would have been produced at cost for me, so now, it is less of an idea.... But was thinking, runs on Solar Energy, stuff like that...

I think it is a great idea, allowing one to improve on the eco theme is a personal way... The nice thing about a wrap is it can be taken off when you tire of it... :)

dactec said:
leafnode said:
Here's an overview of the transformation of my LEAF from white to two-tone

http://www.northwestautosalon.com/2011/06/100-electric-nissan-leaf-gets-matte-black-vinyl-wrap/

Here's a picture with black satin wheels -

looks okay, I'm sure you have it planned but headlights needs some black housing, and tail-lights some tinting to complete the look imo. And I'm sure your waiting for someone to make springs/coilovers so you can lower it too.

Thanks Dude! Looking forward to seeing yours!

leafnode, that looks great. I saw your car in the Revenge event video. Is that a paint job or a wrap? It really makes the curve lines pop. They are one of the Leaf's best features.

vinyl wrap. this link shows the install process - http://www.northwestautosalon.com/2011/06/100-electric-nissan-leaf-gets-matte-black-vinyl-wrap/

Thanks!

Leafnode looks good. I will definetly be getting black 5 spoke rims on my white LEAF they look nice and hopefully lose some wait. How much does a wrap job like that cost? Wonder how it would look completely wrapped in satin black?

TonyWilliams said:
I think it looks very sharp. Did you paint the wheels?

OEM Nissan LEAF wheels painted satin black. Sort of gives the car a lowered look, but other than cosmetics, completely stock.

How has the wrap held up for the past 6 years? One of my concerns with this route is the wrap peeling over time. Can you just take it off or does it damage the paint underneath?

I'm interested as well. I saw one person who got a glossy black roof wrap (not on a Leaf) and after two years it looked horrible. Apparently he was told he needed to wax it weekly. Not sure if this is due to the brand of wrap used, a problem just with glossy finishes, or typical of vinyl.

Has anyone had any experience wrapping the nissan logo in vinyl? I'd like it to be a flat black rather than the metallic blue that it is. It's kind of an odd shape and I'm not sure how easy it would be for a novice.

Maybe it's worth the cost of a small sheet of vinyl to try though?

Back