Keyless Ignition/Entry

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hill

Anyone brave enough to find out if the 2010/2011 Versa Keyless Ignition will work on the Leaf?

http://www.autotransponder.com/2010_nissan_versa_keys_and_keyless_entry_remotes

It could save hundreds, as the one designated "Leaf" is much more dough. I'm still trying to get someone to say one way or the other.

Have you asked the dealership how much an extra Leaf key would cost?

My concern is that if you buy the 'blank' yourself, you STILL have to take the car to the dealership to have it programmed with a CONSULT (recognized by the car), and you have to cut the metal key blank to match your lock. I expect these costs are included when you buy a 'spare key' from the dealership, so I have to wonder how much will be saved in the end.

I'm going to hold off on getting a spare. Two keys is fine. If one is lost, get replacement right away.. it gets much harder at "zero keys". :)

Unfortunately, they DO charge a seperate fee for coding the FOB to your car. Plus or minus, they charge you almost an hour ($100) to do that, and it's around $200 almost for the FOB. Yes, I asked.
:eek:

That's where I am right now ... doing that very thing!

btw they're confirming it's the same intelligent fob as the Versa.

hill said:
Unfortunately, they DO charge a seperate fee for coding the FOB to your car. Plus or minus, they charge you almost an hour ($100) to do that, and it's around $200 almost for the FOB. Yes, I asked.
:eek:

We had to go through this today - our LEAF has three drivers, so we needed three fobs, and since they didn't have any more in stock Parts had to special order one which took a week.

Additional Nissan Intelligent Key fob: $108.51
Additional Valet Key blank: $25.43
Labor for reprogramming all the keys: $150.88

Total Cost, Incl. Tax: $295.87 at Stevens Creek Nissan.

So: Don't Lose Your Key, people!

-djh

And be thankful you don't have a Prius. My wife lost her Prius key fob recently, and even though I still had mine, which I haven't used for more than two months (see date on left), I figured we had better replace hers. If you lose both of them they have to take the doors and hatch apart and put in new electronics - cost over $1000. I got the price of one replacement, gulped, and we were about to do it when she found hers. Savings: About $420.

Ray

I have to ask why everyone has to have their own key. Our last three vehicles (including the Leaf) have a similar system and my wife and I always just use the one key, either leaving it in the vehicle when in the garage or in the house on the table leading to the garage. We'd put the second key in the floor safe for safe keeping...

dhodgson said:
We had to go through this today - our LEAF has three drivers, so we needed three fobs, and since they didn't have any more in stock Parts had to special order one which took a week.

planet4ever said:
If you lose both of them they have to take the doors and hatch apart and put in new electronics - cost over $1000.

Can't we create a new key with the numeric key code they gave with the keys? Not sure about the keyless remote though...

Back