Cargo Organizer

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IBELEAF

Just ran into this cargo organizer and wondering if anyone has it or used. Opinions about it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Genuine-Nissan-Leaf-2011-Cargo-Organizer-NEW-OEM-/160559635084?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2562199a8c#ht_922wt_759

This option was factory installed on my leaf. I think it is well made and designed. Fits into the lower section of the trunk area. It is easily removable and has two compartments with partionable storage areas. Charger fits nicely in the right compartment.

IBELEAF said:
Just ran into this cargo organizer and wondering if anyone has it or used. Opinions about it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Genuine-Nissan-Leaf-2011-Cargo-Organizer-NEW-OEM-/160559635084?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2562199a8c#ht_922wt_759

I did purchase this from nissanaccessories247.com (Marlborough Nissan in MA) about 2 weeks ago, for similar price. It is really useful and imrpoves space utilization significantly. As stated by another user, Nissan EVSE fits very comfortably in the right compartment.
Hopefully, in near future there would be cheaper after-market options available.

I didn't realize this was removable. I passed on it because I was afraid I wouldn't like it and would be stuck with it, but if it's easy in/out, I just may try to have it added to my lease when I pick up my Leaf.

Note that there is usually a single bolt/screw that the port uses to attach the cargo organizer to the trunk. If you buy it aftermarket, it is cheaper and you have the option of using the supplied bolt or not to attach it...

I believe you can save $50 or $60 if you buy it later from one of the eBay Nissan parts dealers....

Randy said:
Note that there is usually a single bolt/screw that the port uses to attach the cargo organizer to the trunk. If you buy it aftermarket, it is cheaper and you have the option of using the supplied bolt or not to attach it...

I believe you can save $50 or $60 if you buy it later from one of the eBay Nissan parts dealers....

Or if you are in the SoCal area, you can buy from Cerritos Nissan at 20% discount. That is what I did. It is in the garage waiting for the LEAF.

It is very useful if you want to carry smaller (possibly expensive) items out of sight AND not going to carry anything very tall. Ex; brown paper bags of groceries are taller than the space left below the privacy lid. Also the trunk "floor" mat is not cut to fit on top of the smaller organizer lid.

Looked like a great idea - and it was the only 'option' that I got on mine. I gave it back to the dealer after about a month as I decided it takes up more room than its usefulness deserves (did that come out right?!?) I asked the dealer to 'pass it on' to someone who wanted it.

Kataphn said:
Randy said:

Or if you are in the SoCal area, you can buy from Cerritos Nissan at 20% discount. That is what I did. It is in the garage waiting for the LEAF.

Do they offer this straight at their parts dept if you go in? or only when ordered online?

PDXLeafer said:
Looked like a great idea - and it was the only 'option' that I got on mine. I gave it back to the dealer after about a month as I decided it takes up more room than its usefulness deserves (did that come out right?!?) I asked the dealer to 'pass it on' to someone who wanted it.

Does it add too much weight?

From Tustin Nissan on eBay, the price is $175 +$19 shipping (plus tax in California)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GENUINE-NISSAN-LEAF-CARGO-ORGANIZER-2011-2011-OEM-NEW-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4155eb39d1QQitemZ280614353361QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

There's also an Arizona dealer who also sells parts on eBay so there wouldn't be any CA tax on that one...

Correction -- there wouldn't be any tax charged by the dealer on that one, but legally you still must pay the tax. See line 95 on the 2010 form 540. One of these days California is going to get so hard up for money that they will start catching up with all you tax cheaters.

Ray

It is not very heavy easily liftable. I also forgot to mention that the picture shows the left compartment open, but there is a lid to cover the left storage area similar to what is shown on for the right compartment. As someone mentioned, the cargo mat does not match the top pattern of the cargo organizer but can be placed beneath it - where it is designed to be located

I've been wanting one of these ever since I saw one actually in a Leaf at our last local meet. I just got my order in for one today, through my dealer. Should be here late next week.

Note that many of the dealer's parts department don't have any accessories for the Leaf in yet, but if you ask they should be able to order them. I just think they haven't stocked up yet. And if you talk to the dealer that you bought (or are buying) the car from, they might give you a discount. Never hurts to ask.

The lids are removable and instead of a hinge they have a strap to hold them. You can tip them up and fit them in the rear of the organizer straight up and down.

The bottom is molded from one piece so it would contain any spills within reason...

contents.jpg

I decided to order foldable storage organizer that I used for years in my Mitsubishi. They make the same style for different brands. It fits great in Leaf with some space left for EVSE unit and if you are not using it you can simply fold it flat. I'll take pictures some day how it looks in LEAF

2003-2008%20Honda%20Element%20Trunk%20Cargo%20Organizer%2065%20L.jpg

Hi, I got one with my Leaf and would like to sell it. $100 to someone that can pick it up in Sacramento or Davis. This is my first posting here, so let me know if I should post this somewhere else as well.

Ocean Blue orphan
leased on 2/24/2011
Love it!!!

Back