Aftermarket emblem

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky

At the SoCal LEAF gathering today, several people commented on my aftermarket "ELECTRIC" emblem added to my Black LEAF. It's an easy install and reportedly can be removed without paint damage. But, you leasers may wish to verify this. I also bought a more stealthy version in black.

They're $25 + S&H. I first saw these on Paul Scott's Red LEAF. His says "EVPV". Paul put me in touch with Mike Wittman who runs theblueskyenterprise.com. They're available on eBay here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ELEC...Accessories&hash=item4aa811229e#ht_500wt_1117

When I spoke to Mike, he commented that Mini-E owners said the ELECTRIC emblem attracts more inquiries about an EV. So, if you don't want that, you may wish to pass. I have noticed an increase in parking lot discussions since the emblem went on; one of which was a long complaint from some guy about Obama denying him the right to incandescent bulbs... sigh.
So keep that in mind.

Anyway, I like it on the black LEAF, YMMV.

mogur said:
Hmmm. They have one for $15 and one for $25 that both appear to be identical... Any idea what the difference is?

If I had to guess based on the ebay description, I'd say the cheaper version consists of individually applied letters whereas the other is a single unit. (to me, the individual lettering would be a plus, since you'd have greater flexibility with the spacing, but I suppose it is a modicum of more work on the user end).

Here is the official answer:

"The difference is with the $15 you get the letters and with instructions you apply them individually, the $25 emblem is applied with our unique system that allows you to apply the emblem all at once and the letters are properly spaced and lined up straight. If you have good hand skills the first will be OK, but if you want to apply the emblem easier then the $25 is best...call me if you have any other questions. By the way, most people that put our emblems on their Electric vehicles place them on the sides as well low down towards the front and it look awesome. If you are interested in that let me know..."

As I said at the breakfast meeting, I'm not sure about adding the lettering in addition to what's on the hatch, but I would love to replace the zero emissions emblem on the right with the ELECTRIC script. If anyone has experience in de-badging vehicles and can hazard a guess as to now easy it would be to get that badge off without paint damage...I'd appreciate the input. I'm guessing the LEAF badging is all stick-on, so dental floss behind the emblem with adhesive residue cleanup with WD40?

I have a 10% off code for eBay motors if any one wants it. CPNA3ATRMCR not sure how many times it can be used.

You got it. On a new vehcile it is pretty easy to do since the adhesive has not set hard yet from extended hear exposure in the sun.

mwalsh said:
As I said at the breakfast meeting, I'm not sure about adding the lettering in addition to what's on the hatch, but I would love to replace the zero emissions emblem on the right with the ELECTRIC script. If anyone has experience in de-badging vehicles and can hazard a guess as to now easy it would be to get that badge off without paint damage...I'd appreciate the input. I'm guessing the LEAF badging is all stick-on, so dental floss behind the emblem with adhesive residue cleanup with WD40?

Same seller on E Bay now has "100% ELECTRIC" as well, for those of us who do not wish to be mistaken for Chevy Volts :lol:

ecoobsessive said:
How well does the "100% electric" fit/look if you don't remove the zero emissions logo? Are there other pics somewhere?

Look at the following thread for MUCH more information and pictures:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3310&hilit=adding+electric+to+your+LEAF

These two threads should be merged.

Back