Homelink buttons

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coinneach

This isn't really a Leaf problem, it's Homelink. The buttons are invisible in the dark and indistinguishable by touch. I didn't care with my Tesla because it used geofencing to activate, but with the Leaf, fumbling in a dark car while approaching my garage door is just stupid. How do you all make the Homelink buttons more accessible?

EDIT: I yelled at Homelink; they claim it's up to each OEM to enable backlighting. :roll:

I don't know about the others, but I have a Leaf S, which doesn't have homelink, and I replaced my rear-view mirror with this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PXGZESO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The homelink buttons are rubbery, so I just feel for the buttons I need. Maybe consider replacing yours?

Coinneach said:
This isn't really a Leaf problem, it's Homelink. The buttons are invisible in the dark and indistinguishable by touch. I didn't care with my Tesla because it used geofencing to activate, but with the Leaf, fumbling in a dark car while approaching my garage door is just stupid. How do you all make the Homelink buttons more accessible?

EDIT: I yelled at Homelink; they claim it's up to each OEM to enable backlighting. :roll:
Yeah, another instance where lighting doesn’t exist but would be very useful. For me, I just grab the rear view mirror, fingers at the top and thumb at the bottom, and starting at the left bottom side, count the indentations to whichever garage door I wish to open. Not a great solution, but works for me. I use basically the same approach with the door unlock/lock buttons.

My SL has an LED to indicate the automatic dimming status. The No. 2 button is just to the left of it and No. 3 is just to the right of it. The No. 1 is to the left of No. 2 so I can find them all by touch. Personally, I drive a lot at night so I don't want backlit buttons on the rearview mirror. My SUV has small dimples on the buttons (1, 2, 3 dimples left to right) which I like.

Back