Katzkin Leather Seat Covers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akohekohe

Called Katzkin today to ask if they had a pattern for the LEAF. Sounds like it will be a while. I installed the leather on my 2002 GOLF TDI and really like it. I asked them to e-mail me when the kit for the LEAF becomes available. Maybe if other people inquire and get on the list it will get them to move things along. I'm not particularly fond of the interior fabric the LEAF came with ...

akohekohe said:
Maybe if other people inquire and get on the list it will get them to move things along.

Setting aside ecology issues for the moment....

The local leatherworks shop here in Santa Monica said they could tint my windows and do leather seats for $999--but they have not seen the car, as of course, I don't have it yet (April Delivery). That is what they had been charging Prius owners, and I think they did the aftermarket for the dealers (which was marked up).

I would want assurances the airbags would work as designed, etc.

Do lots of outdoor sports, involving smells, sweat and dirt, etc, and cloth seemingly traps it all. Haven't had cloth in 20 years for those reasons.

If it helps, I can email "Katzkin" and see where they are at...

EDIT: I emailed them, and noticed the "Katzin" kit retails for twice that at $1999. Once I get the LEAF, I will look into this with more zest.

SteveInSeattle said:
Tell us more about their product. I am interested in leather...
See http://www.katzkin.com/ I think they are the best out there at after-market leather. They are very careful in their designs to make sure that it doesn't interfere with the air bags. I was very pleased with the installation on my VW Golf and will install it in my LEAF once it is available.

JimSouCal said:
akohekohe said:
See http://www.katzkin.com/ I think they are the best out there at after-market leather.

FWIW, I contacted them, so as to indicate my interest--no word back yet.

Just sent them an email as well. Hopefully with enough interest we will see it offered soon. Anyone thinking about adding heated seats at the same time? Is it possible?

Ready2plugin said:
Anyone thinking about adding heated seats at the same time? Is it possible?

I also sent them an email. I'm definitely hoping to add heated seats at the same time as the leather upgrade. I was going to add heated seats on my old Elantra before I ended up getting the Prius. They never offered them here in the states but you could purchase the Hyundai heating pads and heated seat switch from the Korean version of the car which was not too expensive and also made it a same-as-stock system. From everything I observed it wasn't that hard of an install. I would hope we will at least be able to purchase the Nissan heated seat switch from a Nissan Parts Dept. for vehicles that will have the cold weather package.

Here's the info on installing the heating pads in Elantra for anyone who's curious:
http://www.elantraxd.com/DIY/heated.php
or
http://elantragtclub.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/Heated_Seats.pdf (PDF)

They sent me this e-mail:

Hi,

I am writing to you because in the past you had inquired about a leather interior for the Nissan Leaf. Well it’s here!

Katzkin has not uploaded any photos of the interior on our website because it was made very recently. I have provided you with the information for a distributor close to your area.

Coach Auto Restlying-Orange
Contact # 1
John
Gengler
Phone
714-639-8236
Fax
714-639-8236
[email protected]
Address
1051 N. Parker St.
Orange
CA
Contact # 2
Reva
Mraz
Phone
714-639-8236
[email protected]

You can look at swatch samples as well as get pricing information from our distributor:

Best,

Narbeh Sahaghian
Sales/Marketing Analyst
T: 800.842.0590
6868 Acco Street
Montebello, CA. 90640
image001.jpg

QueenBee said:
josh said:
Any idea what they cost?
Suggested retail is $2000 for the premium type.
plus tax of just about $200. I don't know who, but someone will be putting leather in my LEAF. I have not had cloth since 1985, and I do not like my sweaty grubby body anywhere near it, and it is sweaty and grubby often. I am looking at several vendors at the moment, and getting pricing this week.

I also got the email from Narbeh today... Need a vendor closer to WLA Santa Monica....

Skywagon said:
Katzkin does not deal directly unless you are a registered dealer with them (need a resellers license).
The post above lists 'Coach Auto Restlying-Orange' as a local dealer ... for Southern CA/Orange County.

Back