US accessories are different than UK???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesanne

I came across these accessories on the Nissan LEAF UK site. http://www.nissan.co.uk/vehicles/electricvehicles/leaf.htm#vehicles/electricvehicles/leaf I find them interesting and hope some of them will be available here. Being in a northern climate, I really like the charge port cover. I wonder why they offer different accessories?
(no photo)
Body Side Mouldings £189.00: Give your LEAF tough protection - and extra style.

5445762895_78fc339cbf.jpg

Charging Port Lid Cover £176.00: Make sure your Nissan LEAF's charging cable stays plugged in and secure with this lockable cover. (Actual item may appear different than picture; photo is not a definitive representation.)

5445762987_299b3abe51.jpg

Interior Litter Bin £48.00: LEAF's ecological spirit extends right to the litter bin - keeping your LEAF neat and your trash separated for quick recycling.

(no photo)
Nomadic Ashtray £33.60: Conveniently portable and easy to keep clean.

5445763051_606c964843.jpg

Rear Centre Armrest £128.39: Add more storage to your LEAF with this rear central armrest.

(no photo)
Rubber Mats £59.00: Shield the inside of your LEAF from mud, grit and dirt with these practical mats.

5446362468_7f60ec73a5.jpg

Telephone Cup Holder £54.72: A smart solution for storing your phone or MP3 player ass well as pens and parking tickets. This neat accessory with its integrated notepad just slots into the cup holder.

5446362614_28073bb946.jpg

Front Parking Sensors £365.21: The park system's sensors notify you of any obstructions. The 'beep' frequency increases until a constant tone indicates it's time to stop.

5445763349_61bc50ea2a.jpg

Rear Parking Sensors £365.21: The park system's sensors notify you of any obstructions. The 'beep' frequency increases until a constant tone indicates it's time to stop.

5445763455_a58bcacb4b.jpg

Safety Pack £28.36: Includes a warning triangle, first aid kit and a Hi Vis safety jacket. Items are also available individually.

I didn’t see the following listed…
Cargo Organizer
Cargo Net
Eco Package
Rear Bumper Protector

evnow said:
The one I'd be looking for is the 220V charging cable.
That's what I was hunting for. I didn't find it. I did find a photo of someone charging with what looked like it. It was a wide shot, so I couldn't make out any detail.

Interesting to note that the lithium-ion battery carries a 5 year 60,000 mile warranty.

http://www.nissan.co.uk/vehicles/electricvehicles/leaf.htm#vehicles/electricvehicles/leaf/key-figures/service

Glenn

Geez, Nissan isn't shy with those prices! And remember those are pounds, not dollars! Thanks, but even if they were available here, I'd not pay that much for them...

jamesanne said:
I came across these accessories on the Nissan LEAF UK site. http://www.nissan.co.uk/vehicles/electricvehicles/leaf.htm#vehicles/electricvehicles/leaf I find them interesting and hope some of them will be available here

mwalsh said:
Interesting.

The charge port cover is the same as the JDM one. Can only imagine that there are more pikeys in Japan and the UK than the US? :lol:

probably more a case of less garage space.
;)

mogur said:
Geez, Nissan isn't shy with those prices! And remember those are pounds, not dollars! Thanks, but even if they were available here, I'd not pay that much for them...

You probably wouldn't...they generally pay in £ what we pay in $. Holds true from hamburgers (£5 vs. $5) on up. There are some deviations - new cars for example, where there is a lot of import duty, but for the most part this holds true.

mogur said:
Looks like those items will sit. But once the aftermarket folks ramp up production, well, I guess they'll continue to sit.
;)

mogur said:
Value Added Tax (VAT) of 20% :shock: is included in UK advertised prices. Reducing the price by this amount might make one feel a little bit better, but they are still pretty pricey.

Here's the reference from http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/Taxes/BeginnersGuideToTax/VAT/DG_190918

How VAT is worked out
When someone charges you VAT they multiply their selling price by the VAT rate to calculate the amount of VAT to charge. They then add the VAT amount to the net price to give the 'gross' price - the price you pay. The gross price is the price that you, as a consumer, will normally see displayed or advertised. For example,
Selling price = £100.00
VAT due at 20 per cent (100 x 20 divided by 100) = £20
Gross price = £120
Prices in retail shops
The prices you see advertised in shops include VAT. No tax will be added to the price when you pay. This is a legal requirement.

Back