2018 Leaf Roof Rack

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZakZak

So I'd like the ability to haul my road bike around but my rear hatch mounted rack will not work because of the plastic roof spoiler. Has anyone put a roof rack on their new Leaf? I have seen them for sale but I have never seen actual photos of one installed on a new Leaf.

ZakZak said:
So I'd like the ability to haul my road bike around but my rear hatch mounted rack will not work because of the plastic roof spoiler. Has anyone put a roof rack on their new Leaf? I have seen them for sale but I have never seen actual photos of one installed on a new Leaf.

With the seats down, there is enough room to haul a bike without removing a wheel. That's what I plan to do for my leaf.

Have not seen yet a roof rack but I am sure one will be available soon.

I installed a tow hitch on my '15 Leaf and it worked well. Regrettably, I did an impulse buy for the '18 SV, and had to wave bye-bye to my hitch. Nevertheless, I am 99% sure that the same hitch will fit the new Leaf. Why? U-haul has the same part number for both models.

I did the install myself, and I will probably do it again. If I do I will try to post an update.

Jedlacks said:
I installed a tow hitch on my '15 Leaf and it worked well. Regrettably, I did an impulse buy for the '18 SV, and had to wave bye-bye to my hitch. Nevertheless, I am 99% sure that the same hitch will fit the new Leaf. Why? U-haul has the same part number for both models.

I did the install myself, and I will probably do it again. If I do I will try to post an update.

U-Haul had that part listed way too soon for us to be sure it will actually fit.

I'm no expert but i've heard the chassis is basically the same between the 1st and 2nd gen Leaf's so I'm betting the hitch still fits as long as the new body work doesn't get in the way.

ZakZak said:
I'm no expert but i've heard the chassis is basically the same between the 1st and 2nd gen Leaf's so I'm betting the hitch still fits as long as the new body work doesn't get in the way.

I agree, but that's a pretty BIG "as long as"!

Back