Aftermarket & OEM Accessories for 2018 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeftieBiker

Staff member
There don't seem to be many aftermarket accessories yet that are verified real (U-Haul has a listing for a 2018 Leaf hitch that has the exact same part number as the 2017 Leaf hitch) but let's post them as we find them. Personally, I need a set of good cloth (preferably velour) seat covers for the 2018 SL I will likely lease shortly. I have no intention of sitting on leather seats, but I also don't want to have to buy more than one set. Can anyone help with that?

Also, what exactly is the $450 'Nissan WiFi with Apps' option that Nissan lists?

Wet Okole seems to be selling for 2018 LEAF. They are expensive but extremely durable. I bought a set for the 2012 and then transferred them to the 2015 and still in perfect condition despite some rough duty (140 lb dog, hauling, swimming). They are cloth-covered neoprene and fit wonderfully. The only downside is they block the seat heating somewhat. I got one of the "real tree" camo patterns for maximum dirt and dog-hair hiding. :p

Since this is a model change I'd probably talk with them directly to get assurance they have a fit for the 2018 LEAF. The interior looks familiar but I'm not sure if there were any dimensional changes to the seating.

Thanks. I think the seats are the same, but worry that there might still be an installation issue if they are for the previous Leaf. I also want some kind of velour if at all possible. Does using the seat heater on High provide as much heat as an uncovered seat on Low? And does the neoprene have a rubber smell?

LeftieBiker said:
Thanks. I think the seats are the same, but worry that there might still be an installation issue if they are for the previous Leaf. I also want some kind of velour if at all possible.
If you're familiar with wet-suits, that is the type of material. They were originally designed as worry-free seat covers for surfers. You can order free swatches to check the material and colors.
Does using the seat heater on High provide as much heat as an uncovered seat on Low?
They do eventually get warm, it just takes longer; a good 10 minutes or so. If you need more responsive heating there is an option to have heating directly built-in to the seat covers; you'd just need to figure out how to wire them to the 12V system. Maybe could swap out the wiring to the OEM switches -- probably best not to try using both sets of heaters together anyway.
And does the neoprene have a rubber smell?
I hung the covers in the garage for a few days to let them air out. I don't recall the smell after install ever being offensive, then again I actually like the smell of manufactured goods :? :lol: My wife on the other hand is fairly chemically sensitive and they didn't bother her. In fact she wanted the covers for her car.

It's funny that I have cloth seats and have put on faux Leather seat covers on the car.

The new poster got beautiful leather, and will cover them with Velour!! I guess that we all want what we don't have.

Anyway, I had Neoprene seats, which did not smell, and the heat from the heated seats worked fine...

I'm terrified of hail damage to my new car, so until I make space for her in the garage I'll be putting on the padded cover from my old Leaf when hail gets mentioned. I'm happy to report that it fits fine. I had to let one tie strap out about 2" to buckle it, but the other two were fine. I'll try to dig out the name of the Ebay seller. It cost a little over $100.

EDIT: the cover looks like this one. I was also told it wasn't compatible by Ebay, but the seller took measurements from me and it fit. I repeat, though: I don't know if this is the exact same cover. The description looks right, and the cover photo as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/14ft-Full-...ash=item3b09894ece:g:hIkAAOSw301aXE~c&vxp=mtr

powersurge said:
It's funny that I have cloth seats and have put on faux Leather seat covers on the car.

The new poster got beautiful leather, and will cover them with Velour!! I guess that we all want what we don't have.

Anyway, I had Neoprene seats, which did not smell, and the heat from the heated seats worked fine...

Powersurge;

Do you have the brand name of the seats you used and where you purchased them? I just got my 2015 Leaf S yesterday :D (be posting the specs in the New Owner section soon) the faux leather sounds like a good idea for my 80lb pup!

I have a cargo net from either my previous Leaf (likely) or my housemate's PIP. It appears to fit between the mounting points in my 2018 SL. Do I need different push pins to hold it, or will the existing ones work? I don't want to mess around and break them. Is there a source for the pins with hooks if that is what is needed?

LeftieBiker said:
I have a cargo net from either my previous Leaf (likely) or my housemate's PIP. It appears to fit between the mounting points in my 2018 SL. Do I need different push pins to hold it, or will the existing ones work? I don't want to mess around and break them. Is there a source for the pins with hooks if that is what is needed?

I moved my cargo net (and two pins) from my 2015 to 2018 LEAF--seems to function as expected.

The Weathertech floor mats are a mixed fit. They seem to have left them unchanged from the Gen I Leaf, and while the driver's side fits perfectly, the passenger side doesn't. There is a gap between the "mat" and right outer side of the footwell that can catch a passenger's foot entering or leaving the car. I may try to reshape it with a heat gun. I got front only mats, saving about $75, and reused the Weathertech universal rear mats from my 2013 Leaf.

I recently acquired a front seat set of slightly used Coverking seat covers. No one seems to have made new covers for the 2018 Leaf, even though the Tech package adds a power driver's seat, and I was reluctant to pay $200+ for two seat covers that might not fit well. Tonight I installed them...

First, the Bad News: the power seat is not only not a great fit for the cover, but installation as designed is virtually impossible. Why? Because the Coverking covers (and I assume other brands as well) are designed with rear to front straps that fasten underneath the seats. There is not enough room beneath the Leaf power driver's seat to reach under and fasten strap buckles. There is barely enough room to fish the straps out under the seat backs, and the installation tool they provide is too short (as are the straps) to fish them to the very front of the seat. After wasting most of an hour trying, I finally used insulated wire to just connect the front and rear buckles. This is unsatisfactory both because it's crude, and because with no elastic in the straps, it doesn't properly tension the cover either. I will eventually replace the wire with elastic cord.

Now the good news: the passenger seat cover fits much better, although as with the driver's seat cover I ended up fastening the side straps to the lower rear straps, tucking them below the seat hinge covers. It looks better than the cheap universal covers I had on the seats, but you can still see that the covers aren't a perfect fit on the lower seat cushions.

This is just Odd: if you install the headrest covers so the gray stripe matches the stripes on the seats, they don't fit well at all - the areas that wrap the headrest support rods are in the wrong places. They only fit ok (not great) if you reverse them, putting the gray facing the back seats. I don't mind the black headrests, as my 2013 had them. Anyway, I'll add pictures one of these days...

Does anyone make a hitch (and, even better, install it) for the Gen II Leaf that doesn't require butchering the rear bumper cover? I'm thinking of getting a hitch and robust bike rack for my E-Bike(s).

LeftieBiker said:
Does anyone make a hitch (and, even better, install it) for the Gen II Leaf that doesn't require butchering the rear bumper cover? I'm thinking of getting a hitch and robust bike rack for my E-Bike(s).
You mean cutting a small hole for it to stick out? I have this on mine from EcoHitch.
H10suJY.jpg

LeftieBiker said:
Yes, cutting that hole in a leased car's bumper is what concerns me. How large is the hole for yours?

6x6 inch hole. Yeah, for lease, might have to buy that cover to replace once you remove the hitch and replace cover before turning back in.

I was thinking of looking for a used Brilliant Silver or Super Black cover from a salvage yard, and using that. I seem to recall a zillion little fasteners that have to be R&R'd though, and I don't know if I'm up to doing the job myself.

LeftieBiker said:
Bump. I'm still looking for seat covers, ASAP!
When the upholstery on my 1978 510 ("Arabella") wore out, decades ago, I didn't even think about any sort of seat covers, except as a temporary stopgap (I think I had one cheap set, that lasted a year or two). Instead, I went to a local automotive upholsterer and had the seats reupholstered (light gray velour, with the sides made from the "hyde" of a black "nauga", duplicating the stitching pattern of the original), and they were still in pretty decent shape when "Arabella" gave her metallic little life for me on the Northbound 5 freeway in Commerce (somewhere between the Airfan Building and the old Uniroyal plant).

Back