2018 Leaf front end for 2017 and older models

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperAlbert

My curiosity is this, and I probably won't get an answer considering the vehicle is not available for sale in the US yet(however it is in Japan so maybe) considering how the 2018 Nissan Leaf is more like midcycle refresh and not a complete new model from the ground up( more like Leaf 1.5 instead of Leaf 2.0) [think 2015 Nissan and 2016 Nissan Altima] can the front end of the 2018 leaf be purchased through let's say parts department at a Nissan dealership, or maybe later from a leaf with a rear end accident and untouched front end, and be translated on current generation Nissan Leaf? Given that the new leaf is based of the same chassis, the frame is the same and even the front door panels are the same, it would be safe to assume that the panels would just clip in place right? I know the car is not available yet so information on parts and what not may not be readily available until it has been out for a while, but does anyone else see what I'm getting at? Seems like all you need to purchase is a new hood, new front fenders, format bumper, new headlights and new fog lights(if you want) and you have yourself a new body style Leaf, well at least the front end, the rear end would appear to be more of a challenge.

Back