How does the cargo organizer work. Height etc

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webeleafowners

I'm trying to imagine how this accessorie sits in the bottom of the trunk area. Does anything have to be removed. Does it make it level to the hatch lip. Is it a good place to hide things out of plain site that one needs to keep in the car. Considering getting one for a couple reasons.

s-l1600.jpg

Nothing needs to be removed to insert the cargo organizer. It sits about 1" below the level of the hatch lip. I wouldn't say it hides much. It is fairly obvious from the outside that the lids open. I would guess that most people would think there are belongings underneath. One thing to consider is that you will need to put foam tape between the organizer and interior trunk panels. The organizer will scratch those panels.
All that being said, I love the organizer. Think of all the small/medium sized items that roll around or slide in a trunk. This does a great job of preventing that. Also, the tubs are waterproof. So, it's a great place to put that thermos or soup container that you don't trust 100%.

Mittens said:
Nothing needs to be removed to insert the cargo organizer. It sits about 1" below the level of the hatch lip. I wouldn't say it hides much. It is fairly obvious from the outside that the lids open. I would guess that most people would think there are belongings underneath. One thing to consider is that you will need to put foam tape between the organizer and interior trunk panels. The organizer will scratch those panels.
All that being said, I love the organizer. Think of all the small/medium sized items that roll around or slide in a trunk. This does a great job of preventing that. Also, the tubs are waterproof. So, it's a great place to put that thermos or soup container that you don't trust 100%.

Thanks for the reply. I m reluctant to carry stuff with us that can be easily seen from the outside. We have a bag with our adapters, 240 volt EVSE and our Tesla to J1772 adapter. Probably 500 bucks worth of stuff that I would rather not have in obvious view. It is more of a road trip kit but still. It would be nice to hide it.

Now to find a black one.

webeleafowners said:
Mittens said:

Thanks for the reply. I m reluctant to carry stuff with us that can be easily seen from the outside. We have a bag with our adapters, 240 volt EVSE and our Tesla to J1772 adapter. Probably 500 bucks worth of stuff that I would rather not have in obvious view. It is more of a road trip kit but still. It would be nice to hide it.

Now to find a black one.

If you don't want your stuff visible to the outside, get one of the Cargo Covers. They are about $100, and snap in easily. It goes up and down with the hatch, and hides everything under it in the cargo area.

baustin said:
webeleafowners said:
Mittens said:

Now to find a black one.

If you don't want your stuff visible to the outside, get one of the Cargo Covers. They are about $100, and snap in easily. It goes up and down with the hatch, and hides everything under it in the cargo area.

Thanks for the tip.

Back