Nissan - All Weather Floor Mats review

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MalcolmReynolds

Well my car finally arrived. I had it shipped in from out of state and I had a bunch of mods/accessories waiting for the car when it arrived. There is a "standard" routine I generally go through with all my vehicles and my Leaf "Serenity" is no different. It has just been a little harder to find some of the things I normally buy for the Leaf.

Now one of the first things I usually get are some Weathertech floor mats. My vehicles take a beating due to the mud, wet, snow, and muck that get tracked in and Weathertech floor mats have been by go to for the mats. However they have been hit or miss on the mats. While the claim to fame is the mapping of the floor contour of each vehicle for a precise fit I have had mixed results at times. The cost has been substantial for these floor mats over the years, but they have done a reasonable job of protecting my floor.

This time I decided to do something different. I saw that Nissan had the All Weather Floor mats and that they looked like they probably were actually molded for the Leaf. So I looked around and it seemed people were reasonably happy with them. I looked at the price which was almost half what Weathertech wanted for theirs, and the fact that the reviews weren't "glowing" for the Weathertech floor mats so I decided to take a chance and get the Nissan All Weather Floor mats.

Well the car arrived today, and I pulled out my pile of accessories for the car and the first thing to put in it were these floor mats. The fit PERFECTLY. They are molded and contoured exactly for the Leaf and fit very nicely. The only minor gripe I have is that the driver side mat should extend up a little more behind the controls to cover that carpet area. I may want to come up with a solution for that one area. The passenger side does go all the way up on the "firewall" so it has good coverage. Most likely they were afraid of the liability if for some reason someone were to say the floor mat impeded the operation of the car and Nissan was blamed for the accident because of it.

Overall very impressed by the quality and fit of these mats. Definitely 2 thumbs up and recommended if you want all weather coverage of your floor.

Almost 6 yrs on mine and they are still great. I can't imagine how bad the floor would be without them and I don't live in an area with really bad winters.

I think this is one of the rare occasions where the manufacturers accessory product is actually better than the after market product, and the price is almost half of the big name aftermarket guys... That doesn't happen often. These really are a bargain.

I probably shouldn't post stuff like this, I am sure Nissan probably follows the forums and will use the opportunity to make some adjustments to their pricing on this accessory. :D LOL

After 5.25 Syracuse winters (I bought my Leaf towards the end of winter, picked it up half charged in a blizzard), my mats are holding up well. You are right about the driver's left foot rest, it really needs to be covered. I didn't add anything, and it is a horrible mess now. It really shows how well the mats protect the floor that they do cover.

A small anecdote. I have a coffee cup which doesn't quite fit in the cup holder. Sometimes I forget to hold it when going around a tight turn, and it tumbles onto the floor. I have spilled 20 oz of liquid directly onto the mat. The mat easily contains it all until I get where I am going. At that point, I take the mat out and pour the liquid onto the ground. So yeah, I love those floor mats!

This was my first mod. Great buy. Like how well they fit. With all the rain and dirt here in Hawaii, these are great.

I covered the driver's left foot rest with a self adhesive black rubber diamond-pattern tread sold at Harbor Freight for a few bucks. Trim to fit. Looks stock.

https://www.cheapestfactoryparts.com/oem-parts/nissan-floor-mats-all-season-and-999e48x000?origin=pla&gclid=CjwKCAiA8bnUBRA-EiwAc0hZk3bEJW8rKVh2zgpulbYCUEKpWy3n9SYGdm8MmdECG4qKKCSncnHYJRoCD4kQAvD_BwE

Are these the ones you're referring to?
Do you have any pictures of them installed in the car?

Thanks

Back