sun visor mirror light

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estomax

Hey Guys,

Maybe i'm spoiled from driving my Audi and Lexus but why is there no light (at least on the passenger side) of the sun visor mirror!?

Just wondering if anyone here has successfully retrofitted a lighted visor to the leaf or is this a unique visor to just this car.

cheers
Marko

after another round of searching I found this thread that talks about people putting a newer visor in their leaf (for the extensions). I already have those, but I saw in one of those pictures the guy had a lighted mirror!

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=13537&start=50

estomax said:
after another round of searching I found this thread that talks about people putting a newer visor in their leaf (for the extensions). I already have those, but I saw in one of those pictures the guy had a lighted mirror!

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=13537&start=50

The visor pictured is from a 2013 Sentra. It wouldn't be plug and play because you'd have to create a wiring harness. I connected mine back to appropriate wires for the interior lamp.

Cool, the wiring will be no problem for me. Does it physically bolt on the same and is the same size as Leaf visor?

Thanks for the reply!
Marko

estomax said:
Cool, the wiring will be no problem for me. Does it physically bolt on the same and is the same size as Leaf visor?

Quite a bit different from the '11 visors originally in my car, but as you can see from the other thread I made them work. Pretty sure the newer visors debuted in '13, so they won't fit in a '12 without the mods either.

Definitely the same as the '13 visor, but I couldn't say when it comes to other years. However, I wouldn't expect they'd change them again for '14-'17 without a compelling reason.

thanks, my car is a 2013, so i might just bite and order some up. i can resell my winged leaf visors afterwards :)

Back