LEAFSpy Pro on New Phone--Wants Me to Pay Again

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PianoAl

I just got a small, cheap phone to run LEAFSpy pro on (My Nexus 7 is pretty large).

I set up the new phone with my regular google account. I look at my apps, and it's there. But if I choose to install it, it wants me to pay again. That shouldn't be.

I know this is a Google Play issue, but I thought someone here might know the answer.

Thanks.

I spoke with Google, and they think that the manufacturer may limit it to one device???

Certainly not my experience.
I have bought LeafSpy Pro once and got it installed on a second (dedicated) device using the same account.

nenik said:
Certainly not my experience.
I have bought LeafSpy Pro once and got it installed on a second (dedicated) device using the same account.
Ditto. I used it on a Samsung Galaxy S4, then Galaxy S6 and now a Nexus 5X. I even had to factory reset the Nexus 5X (long story) and reinstall everything. I only paid once.

Make sure you sign in w/the same Google (Play) account that was originally used to purchase Leaf Spy Pro or whatever other apps.

Computers are a pain sometimes!

I found a workaround: I installed it from my PC, and it didn't ask for payment.

PianoAl said:
I just got a small, cheap phone to run LEAFSpy pro on (My Nexus 7 is pretty large).

I set up the new phone with my regular google account. I look at my apps, and it's there. But if I choose to install it, it wants me to pay again. That shouldn't be.

I know this is a Google Play issue, but I thought someone here might know the answer.

Thanks.
Had the same problem 2 days ago, Also included a (memory error) upon update to 38.80.
Contacted Jim (turbo3) and was informed of basically the same info as cwerdna above.
This is an old unlocked android Huawei ascend y201 with small memory and no external sd card. (18mb internal sd card , with internal storage of 12mb)
I use this device strictly for LS, and have not been online with it since 2014 .
After hours of frustration, clearing up cache and inadvertently deleting LS Pro, I called Google helpline and we figured out that the version of Google play was out of date. So, after a factory reset , update google play and phone software, LS Pro V38.8 loaded without a hitch.
I know LS Pro is 2mb in size, I just hope data logging won't cause a memory issue.
Anybody know how many mb 3 years of data log is approx?

Back