Used/New 4 button FOB with cut key

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironmanco

I'm in the market for an additional FOB and have found a bunch out there for sale (OEM) that have cut keys. This yields my question: So....can I just get a replacement key and have it cut (the blank is the hard part)

I think rawhog was talking about a new fob. Would a brand new fob have a cut key? I'm thinking not, but then I've never looked.

The 4th button on the LEAF is for the charging port. On regular Nissans it's for the hatch/trunk. So would that still translate to what you need the fourth button for or are you just looking at LEAF fobs?

mwalsh said:
I think rawhog was talking about a new fob. Would a brand new fob have a cut key? I'm thinking not, but then I've never looked.

The 4th button on the LEAF is for the charging port. On regular Nissans it's for the hatch/trunk. So would that still translate to what you need the fourth button for or are you just looking at LEAF fobs?

There are a bunch of 4 button leaf fobs for sale used. I can re-program them but they all have cut keys. So, if I can find the blank that would fit into that, I'm thinking I would be all set.

ironmanco said:
There are a bunch of 4 button leaf fobs for sale used. I can re-program them but they all have cut keys. So, if I can find the blank that would fit into that, I'm thinking I would be all set.

In that case, this came up on eBay when I did a Google search on "Nissan blank key insert":

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/231744756287?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

mwalsh said:

Can a 2015 4 button (shows the charging port) remote work with a 2016?

Also - what other accessories will work with a 2016? Floor mats? Bumper guard?

I just had to replace a fob. I bought a used OEM fob on eBay for $45 that had the same numbers under the battery cover as my existing fob. It came with an uncut key. My dealer reprogrammed the new one and cut the key for $105 in about a half hour and saved 50% of the cost by getting the used fob first. Hoping it doesn't break.

I bought engraved plastic dog tags for $3.95 each on Amazon to add to my key ring that say "REWARD" and include my phone number and email.

Back