Nomadic Power/Portable Battery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafinthewind

nomad_bmw_i3_nissan_leaf.jpg

New Leaf owner, was surprised that searching in the forum didn't bring up anything on the Nomadic Power http://nomadicpower.de/company/. Love that the website shows a Leaf!

This German company is creating a portable battery to be towed behind a car allowing EV owners to extend the range of their cars. I put in a request for more information as the website is vague at best. Just think it's a really cool concept although my guess is they won't be readily available in the US anytime soon.

According to the website:
The core element of this concept is the idea that not all future e-vehicles need to be equipped with huge batteries enabling long-distance transport. Nomadic Power has developed large batteries that can be used for longer distances - allowing future e-vehicles to be equipped with relatively small and economical drive batteries. Nomad mobile batteries can be hitched-up or will be self-driving.

There would have to be some pre-installation before using this product. A tow hitch and a tap into the high voltage lines to the battery would be necessary. Is that feasible? Yep. Plugless Power does this for their wireless charging system, so Nomadic Power could do the same thing. I would certainly hope they have a well-insulated and safe connector for the high voltage between the two batteries! :shock:

Back