I INSTALLED A TRAILER HITCH ON MY LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powersurge

Over the summer, I installed a trailer hitch on my 2015 Leaf and put on a bike rack to be totally in harmony with the environment. It is the CURT C 11396 1 1/4 inch hitch, which I got for under $130. It required some removal of panels and some minor drilling, but was doable in my driveway. Now, I bring my bike everyday to a ChargePoint.com FREE charging station, and bike about 5 minutes to work. As a result, I have been getting daily exercise, and have ZERO fuel expenses... Win-Win situation. I think a lot of Leaf owners would really find this mod useful... For me, the bike rack will be on for the life of the car. :idea:

Very cool. If you can post a pic of the underneath and the mods you needed to do to get the hitch mounted.

This is the exact hitch that I installed after following this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbRo3XpPdw4

the only thing that I added, and that I HIGHLY recommend is using BLUE LOCTITE THREAD SEALER on all of the bolts for both protection from future rust on the bolts and securing from nuts loosening. Also, I shot the hole I drilled with a bit of primer paint for protection.

Oh, by the way, I understand that this hitch will work on all Leafs, from 2011-15

It is reportedly rated to hold 150 pounds?

Back