17" Sl rims on an sv....

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunny

I'm looking at used 2013 Leafs and came on a SV with the 17" aluminum rims from SL... Im guessing SV don't come with those rims, wondering if it's compatible with speedo...etc. will it affect range or anything.....Thank You

I've been texting a sales lady at a car dealer.... She sent me pics of a 2013 what I thought was a SL because of rims.....she said it was an SV. Then asked if it had any options she said it had quick charge package including leather seating...... Ok I've never heard of an SV with 17" rims and leather seating..... Any body have any input or comments on this..... Unfortunately Im 4 hrs away so don't know if I should jump on this or not.... Price is reasonable...

I may go ahead and jump on it....price is right and looks nice....I have to have it shipped to me unfortunately I don't have the time to drive 4 hrs to see it....they just received it and it is currently in inspection process. She told me she'll keep me posted on it...

sunny said:
I have to have it shipped to me unfortunately I don't have the time to drive 4 hrs to see it.

If you need more than 50 miles worth of range, you're taking a big risk by not seeing it yourself and determining the actual battery degradation using a smart phone, OBDII adapter, and an app such as LeafSpy. If this was an early production car, it's over 2-1/2 years old and depending on where it originally resided it could have already lost as many as 2 bars.

It's possible to temporarily reset the gauges so that the car reads 12 bars, but that setting won't last long and eventually it will settle down to where it should be. Unfortunately it takes more than a typical test drive to do that. Even if the 12 bar setting is real, the battery can have up to 15% capacity loss and still show 12 bars.

Even if your range needs are modest, you could be overpaying for the car if you don't know how much range has suffered on it.

Back