Swapping 3.3 to 6.6 Charger on 2013

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nzphilip

Hi,

Would it be possible to swap a 3.3kw changer for a 6.6kw on a 2013?

The following 6.6 was available...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251978170307?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Physically they are the exact same size physical connections.

Thanks in advance for any insights!

-Philip

Hopefully, someone can help answer this.
Where's "Ingineer" these days? He has a 2011 Leaf with the old 3.3kW onboard charger.

I'd bet he would know if these modules plug-n-play with the older 3.3kW Leafs.....

If it was that easy, I think a lot of us would have already done that upgrade...My 2011 LEAF has the on-board charger in the rear, while the newer models have it in the front...Then there's the usual cable issues, etc....

The OP is asking about a 2013 Leaf, which has the 6.6 kW charger at the same front location as the 2013 3.3 kW charger. Its a very good question, if you can just swap chargers.

Economy of scale would suggest they would use the same wiring harness for both the 6.6 and 3.3 on all models of the leaf, so that would just leave programming once the new unit is swapped in.

So would be likely to be easy to put in but what would the cost for the programming n such?

All so I think that is the power distribution module not the charger, the charger/inverter is in the middle of the stack, all so that seems way to cheap for a real Nissan Part. I'd serious question the person about that part be for purchasing it!

Hi,

This is now available on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-QUICK-CHARGE-CHARGING-POWER-DELIVERY-NISSAN-LEAF-6-6v-ELECTRIC-292C03NF3B-/261985344932?hash=item3cff8b1da4&vxp=mtr

Notice the label in the last photo.

This unit has the top and middle section.

Any comments welcome!

Back