Where to get blank switch covers?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CodeMonkey

I'm going to wire a garage door opener into my leaf. I've seen some of the posts for after market homelink mirrors, but, this is a lease, and I don't want to spend too much (or make drastic changes) :)

So, I'm planning on putting a switch for my garage door opener onto one of the blank switch covers by the charging door unlock button. But, to do that I have two questions:

1) Where can you buy blank switch covers? (Or, what is their "official" name? I can't find them anywhere googling)
2) Or, instead of a blank, one with a momentary switch would work too.
3) Is there a manual somewhere for digging under the dash? I'd love to tap 12v somewhere. . . . but, this could be phase 2 -- i can start out with the battery, if there's somewhere convenient to hide the remote.

Thanks in advance,

-Dave

Most of the switches on that panel are momentary contact so you could pick one and order it. I have not yet taken the dash in the 2015 apart, but the 2011 had space above the lower cover panel so you could just stick the remote to the upper side of the panel with Velcro. You can get 12-volt power from the fuse block at the left end of the dash (either switched or continuous power), but it might be easiest to just use the remote's internal battery.

Gerry

I think I'd rather have a blank, or different switch, than try to remember that the rightmost Plug Unlock is really the garage door opener :) Any idea how to search for switches that would fit those openings?

Got my remote disassembled and wired with an external switch. Now I just get to mount it.

I was going to wire it to power, but, it takes a CR2032 battery, which is 3v. That would make a voltage regulator(7803) VERY hot, and I don't feel like finding a DC-DC switching supply, so, batteries it is, for now!

I'll probably mount it tonight, if I find time. I'm going to try drilling the blank, and fishing it up, so I don't have to take the dash apart. Wish me luck!

Back