Nissan Leaf Nismo : survey

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kolento

Hey guys !

I am currently running a survey on Nissan Leaf Nismo performance package.

Could you take 10sec to answer it ? (really takes 10sec)

>>> Europe <<<

>>> US <<<

Thank you ! ;)

PS: rest of the world, PM me.

LeftieBiker said:
You should have an English speaker proofread the questions and statements for you.

I guess that's what happen when you have to write a survey in 4 different languages in less than 10 min at 2'oclock in the morning... ;)
Thanks.

Oh the gods... oh the gods. :shock:

want
want so much
want now
... no way in hell I'd have the money to do it though.

The #1 chart-topper thing I've forever hated about the Leaf is its emasculating, pussy Prius-esque design. I'm all over those topics about a "less EVness" 2016-ish LEAF. Between the two LEAFs I've owned, having it black in color is about as cool as I could get it to look. Around this city I live in, dominated by Mustangs and rice-racers (along the usual crop of mommy's Altima and Cruze, vans, hummers, etc), there's more H2's than there are LEAFs by a long shot. Hell, there's more Fiat 500e's than there are LEAFs. That's no joke - 50x 500e's a month to the local Fiat by their report, 5x LEAFs to the Nissan dealer. Why? Advertising... and image.

The Leaf is ugly as sin. It's just a fact I have to live with. I hate that I always get the "Whaaa? Yeah, right!" when I tell someone about the Leaf's performance. I'd be the first to raise my hand to kit the thing. But the concept in the photo doesn't really go far enough - still looks like a "performance Prius" to me. I'd want something that only touches the controller to get the limiter tweaked on the low-RPM takeoffs, at the expense of higher motor heat (FFS, the thing is ice cold when I'm done hotrodding around town - the charger produces more heat than the motor!). Maybe some tweaks to the PWM algorithm to sacrifice efficiency for acceleration at higher speeds. But that's it. Under the hood, everything is already perfect, just software adjustments.

And that damned ugly body with the frog eyes. If we're going to push the Leaf's performance any higher, it needs the body to match. Off with the googly " :geek: " frog eyes, on with a little " :x ". Maybe even a little " :twisted: ", y'know?

Want.

Back