2014 clear bra work on 2015?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnode

Are the dimensions between 2014 and 2015 the same? Think this would work on a 2015? Or any other bra recommendations? I want to do this myself. Keep getting expensive quotes.

http://carprotectionpros.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1529" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have you done anything like this before?

It's not that easy and you have to have the perfect place to do it.

You need to be indoors in a dust controlled environment. A garage with a hepa air cleaner going for a few hours can do the trick. Wash the floor really well and leave a soaker hose (the kind you get at home depot that will leach out of the full length) going on a slow drip at the top of the garage. I've wrapped a bunch of stuff, never clear though. Clear is tricky because it is a thicker sticker since it's designed to protect and it will show any dust that gets stuck under it a lot more. One of the reasons the quotes to install will be a lot is because they may actually go through a lot of wasted material to get it just right. I would advise if you're going to do it yourself get extra, and practice first on something small like the side view mirrors or putting a strip by the trunk opening. You'll need a good heat gun, a really good hair dryer can do the trick but will take longer. Some stuff you can put on wet which is a lot easier but any spot with a complex curve you should put on dry.

You can also get clear spray plasti dip which will do a similar job of protection, probably just as good if you put it on thick. If you mastered both installs the plasti dip wouldn't look as good but it would be easier to get good at it than doing a clear wrap. I've bought some of it I just haven't got around to doing it yet.

I was under the impression this had adhesive on the back of it and the steps were to get the application areas super clean and then stick it on like a sticker and make sure it is straight.

Yes that's the simplified way they describe it to make it sound easy to instal so you buy it online.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...For-the-Installer/Frequently-Asked-Questions/

That's a pretty good guide of that exact product.

I would also give you a 99.9% that the 2014 cut will be the same. My cousin has a 14 I have a 15. They've been parked side by side nothing is different. If you want 100% look up part numbers for the hood, bumper, fenders and charge port for both models.

minispeed said:
Yes that's the simplified way they describe it to make it sound easy to instal so you buy it online.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...For-the-Installer/Frequently-Asked-Questions/

That's a pretty good guide of that exact product.

I would also give you a 99.9% that the 2014 cut will be the same. My cousin has a 14 I have a 15. They've been parked side by side nothing is different. If you want 100% look up part numbers for the hood, bumper, fenders and charge port for both models.
I use a '13 kit on my '14, which worked fine. But, did not do anything more than the hood, charge door, small portion of the fenders, and backs of the mirrors. I wouldn't even consider trying the bumper without professional help. It's debatable if covering a vinyl bumper cover has any purpose as it's flexible and the paint is designed to flex when hit by a rock. Would not consider these kits as easy as suggested as the film is literally stretched into place. They stretch much easier if air temps are over @ 80* and helped by having the surface of the car relatively hot.

Back