head light problem 2015 S

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zashai

Hi just leased a 2015 s with QC and have too problems .
1. the head light r so bad, is there a brighter LED available to replace them ?
2. any way to make the head light turn off when you turn off the car ?

thanks shai

just gave back ( end of the lease ) my loved 2011 SL so i fill like i return to the 1980 with this new 2015 S

Re: #1, are they at least aimed right? I've never driven a Leaf w/the halogens at night, so I don't know how bad they are vs. the LEDs. I have the factory LED lights on mine (because of the QC + LED package I chose).

Assuming they're aimed right, Googling for these might help...
site:mynissanleaf.com headlight upgrade
site:mynissanleaf.com headlight brighter

Re: #2, mine shut off on my '13 Leaf SV maybe 30 seconds or so after I leave my powered down car w/the headlights on.

Check the setting in the car configuration. You can set how long the lights stay on before they automatically go off... Sorry, but I don't know how you get in to it on an S without the touch screen...

TomT said:
The S does not have that feature. There are reasons why the S is the stripper of the model lineup, some justified and some not...

cwerdna said:
Re: #2, mine shut off on my '13 Leaf SV maybe 30 seconds or so after I leave my powered down car w/the headlights on.

The headlights on my 2015 S automatically turn off about 30-45 seconds after turning off the car.

sounds like your headlights are aimed too high. my 2013 was also that way. In a lot of instances I could hardly see the road unless I had high beams on. lowering the aim just a touch cleared it up quite nicely. The only things I miss from my SL was the ability to aim the headlights and cruise control. the rest of the "amenities" you can keep.

zashai said:
thanks for the answers
now how to get rid of this ugly sound when you turn off the car that let you know that the light r still on?

flip the light switch. that sound should not be happening if you have it on...umm, "auto?"

DaveinOlyWA said:
zashai said:
thanks for the answers
now how to get rid of this ugly sound when you turn off the car that let you know that the light r still on?

flip the light switch. that sound should not be happening if you have it on...umm, "auto?"
LOL, auto is only on the SL. S and SV get manual headlights.

I'm assuming you want the lights on so you can traverse a dark area after you get out of your car? My 2013 S does that too, and the lights do shut off automatically after some time, but personally, I'd rather stumble around in the dark than hear the warning sound. I just turn mine off before I open the door. Plan out my path while the lights are still on and travel by memory in the dark for those couple of dark feet.

If you mean the high beams are really terrible, that's how the Leaf rolls - terrible high beams. The only advantage is they don't seem to be bright enough to attract a lot of moths like most high beams do.

My 2013 SV with premium Package also has auto headlights.

Back