Garage Remote - Add A Switch

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob

My 2013 SV Leaf doesn't have Homelink so I'm thinking about putting my the PC board from my garage opener remote in the dashboard and wiring the switch contacts to a new dashboard switch. My first thought is to put it on the lower left, in a spare slot near the charge timer switch. I can buy a Nissan Charge Port Lid Switch from the dealer 25198-3NF0A for <$20, and it should fit right into one of the blanks. I think it is momentary contact, normally off.

Is there a diagram of the wires back there that can show me where to tap into always-on 12V and ground?

I'd consider installing a Homelink mirror instead, but it appears to be a major job to retrofit it in, plus a lot of money.

What would you suggest?

Thanks!

Bob

Why do you need 12V? Add a switch to the dash and wire it to the contacts on the remote. Put in a 9v lithium battery and you are good to go.

The fuse block is right behind it so it would be really easy to tap into any of the circuits there. You have accessed to both switched (outer columns) and always on (center column).

You could replace your mirror with an auto dimming homelink one and have it look factory.

http://www.amazon.com/Gentex-Genk45am-Dimming-Homelink-Compass/dp/B0098M7RSE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's a video showing how they remotely open and close the garage door using the cars RSS feed.
Obviously running a small Arduino/Raspberry Pi as an RSS server and when accessed drives the switch that does the job.

This could link your home to all sorts of stuff.

[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQqDyV2jEl0[/youtube]
or
[youtube]cQqDyV2jEl0[/youtube]
:\

Back