Clear Turn Signal Reflectors

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dinoleaf

US Leafs are built with orange turn signal reflectors.
It looks like the Japanese versions are built with clear reflectors.

Does anyone know where I could purchase the clear reflectors online?

nissan-leaf-1024x768.jpg

nissan-leaf_01.jpg

It's entirely possible that they aren't reflectors at all. I remember seeing that in the rear lamp housings on JDM LEAFs they had a blue colored insert where we have red reflectors.

Edit: See picture below...same blue inserts at the front on this car. Now is that all model years? And are the blue inserts reflective in some way? Dunno. They could even be lamps!

Attachments

• 1280px-NISSAN_LEAF_SUIZENJI_TAXI_FRONT.JPG
    1280px-NISSAN_LEAF_SUIZENJI_TAXI_FRONT.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 183
I think the OP is talking about that strip of orange reflector at the top of the fender, where the headlight "extension" is. If so, that's not a turn signal...it's a front side marker. It doesn't even blink (though some front side markers do). Front and rear side marker lights have been required under US law since 1968, and lights/reflectors since 1969, which is why you usually don't see those things on cars sold outside the US.

As far as getting a replacement part without the orange strip, I would imagine it would be a matter of sourcing it from a Nissan dealer outside of North America, or even a junkyard.

Bumping the cobwebs off this thread.

Calling all non-North American users!

Does anyone outside North America know how to look up Nissan part numbers from diagrams / microfiche? I've tried the Interwebs in various European nations, but I've had no luck.

OR ... do you know of a website were you can order non-North American OWM Nissan parts?

The North American part number for this (left side) unit with the orange lense is 26185-3NF0A (or 261853NF0A)

Please help me find the blue/clear version.

Thanks!

Dardas said:
Bumping the cobwebs off this thread.

Calling all non-North American users!

Does anyone outside North America know how to look up Nissan part numbers from diagrams / microfiche? I've tried the Interwebs in various European nations, but I've had no luck.

OR ... do you know of a website were you can order non-North American OWM Nissan parts?

The North American part number for this (left side) unit with the orange lense is 26185-3NF0A (or 261853NF0A)

Please help me find the blue/clear version.

Thanks!

I found this site here:

https://www.japanparts.com/parts/list.php?skwd=leaf &x=19&y=12&page=3

Sondy132001 said:
I found this site here:

https://www.japanparts.com/parts/list.php?skwd=leaf &x=19&y=12&page=3

Cheers, Luv! You are a star.

Never thought to look on Japanese sites for some reason.

Found the very thing right here:

http://jp-carparts.com/nissan/partlist.php?maker=nissan&type=237&cartype=2&fig=262

For those of you that care, the part numbers are:

26185-3NK0A
26180-3NK0A

FYI - In order to swap them out, you'll have to bake your entire headlights in the oven to unseal them. Change out the reflector, then reapply the seal and bake them in the oven again.

It's not an easy task but many have done it before.

You may just be able to take out the yellow reflector and not need to replace it.

mwalsh said:
LeafMuranoDriver said:
FYI - In order to swap them out, you'll have to bake your entire headlights in the oven to unseal them.

Surely the path of least resistance is to just unbolt that whole section and replace it?
You could replace the entire headlight housing. I'm not sure if the JDM version would be directly compatible though.

mwalsh said:
LeafMuranoDriver said:
[You could replace the entire headlight housing. I'm not sure if the JDM version would be directly compatible though.

It's not the whole headlight housing though - the entire assembly is two parts, and that reflector is in the rear section.
You are totally correct. My mistake. I've noticed the line between but never thought they were 2 pieces. Unusual compared to most other cars.

Latest posts

Back