Trash box/bag?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finman100

Okay, so the search for someone's post about a brilliant trash box or bag installation has been unfruitful. So...how is anyone taking out the trash, or the very least, storing it in a 2014 SV? I'm hoping there is some secret drawer that pulls out that I've yet to find (just like on my old '04 Prius 10 years ago!)

Thanks for any advice here. Yes I know it seems trivial, but throwing trash on the floor is not an option.

Curt

Thanks GlennD! Now I have a reference point to go from. Looks like a very doable solution. Any others? I was also thinking drivers door beverage holder location, but then the passenger would need one too.

Curt

I have a leased car so drilling is not an option
here is my alternative (use for keeping my USB cord for my carcam power / data cord tidy and avid the car seat pinching it )
2014_07_08_10_40_49_ProShot-790899.jpg

center hole - i can use push plug / dowel to pinch a small disposable trash bag (been using a roll of small dog waste bag)

They are not going to be concerned with a minor hole. You can always plug it with a screw or leave the bag.

GlennD said:
They are not going to be concerned with a minor hole. You can always plug it with a screw or leave the bag.

Why chance it when i can get it made without drilling a hole

In every car I have owned including my last leased Leaf I have drilled a 3/4 inch hole in the roof for a Ham Radio antenna. I have never been dinged for the antenna hole. I used to remove the mount and install a rubber hole plug. On the last several cars I have not bothered.

Nissan wants a whole car back, not a smashed up one. I do not think they care about the interior beyond making sure it is not trashed.

LeftieBiker said:
Nissan is more strict than most other car companies about damage. A rubber plug might suffice, but any hole will be 'dinged'.

I've turned in a 350z and a LEAF, and never got 'dinged' for these minor issues. And if you're the worst-case kinda guy, Nissan forgives up to $500 anyway. Hell, I had quarter panel damage totalling a little over $1K from body shops, and the independent inspection company Nissan contracts with charged me $320. $320<$500, so nothing out of my pocket.

Back