Yazaki/Sumitomo Connector Pin Source?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MechanicDan

Does anyone have a source for yazaki or sumitomo pins for electrical connectors on a leaf? Any help identifying which is what?

I've installed the hatch/LR harness for my camera install, I'm all squared away there, but when I went to Nissan to get some pins to add to M21 and B18, they said: "There are no connector repair kits or parts for Leafs" I looked through their connector repair kit box and none looked right. It sure looks like a Yazaki connector.

:)

They are Sumitomo NH series connectors and pins. I just completed the same project myself, crimping 5 pins (4 going to back of car, and one connecting sense pin to camera V-) s and adding them to the harness at the drivers kick panel, then running this cable back into the hatch and connecting to the camera. You could also run to the hatch harness, I just didn't care to spend the money for the OEM ones or having to add pins to every connector along the line. You can find the pins at easternbeaver.com, however there is a $20 minimum order or the shipping price is outrageous. I couldn't find any other source that had these parts in stock with reasonable minimum order quantities. I ended up getting a few 8 pin housings, removed cameras 4 pin plug and replaced with an 8 pin then used the corresponding 8 pin receptacle on the cable coming from the kick panel. I would have left the 4 pin on the camera and used a 4 pin receptacle, but 8-pin was the smallest that site sold.

Back