share your pictures of leaf with tinted windows?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
complete.jpg

409.jpg

red looks great tinted! I just hade my black Leaf tinted and it looks awesome and stays sooo much cooler.

Is there a transmission minimum in the US for driver's/front windows? Looks like it is less than 70% (which would be illegal here in UK).

donald said:
Is there a transmission minimum in the US for driver's/front windows? Looks like it is less than 70% (which would be illegal here in UK).

As with most of those questions, it depends on the state. And then it depends on region to how the police enforce it. Here you can drive with 5% tint no problem unless you get pulled over for something else (like speeding) then you will most likely get that as an extra ticket. But I don't know anyone that has been pulled over *because of* the tint. Whereas in the LA area of California if you just look at a roll of darkly coloured tint at the tint shop you are beaten into submission by the police.

I think mine is 20% on the front and 5% rear. It's illegal, but per Michigan Compiled Law 257.907...

(9) If a person has received a civil infraction citation for defective safety equipment on a vehicle under section 683, the court shall waive a civil fine, costs, and assessments upon receipt of certification by a law enforcement agency that repair of the defective equipment was made before the appearance date on the citation.

Tinters here offer insurance that will remove the tint for certification, and then re-apply new tint after certification. It's cheaper than paying the ticket and it lets you keep your tint after you deal with it. ;)

I haven't had a problem so far.

Back