Reaching M10/M11 (Door to Main Harness Connectors)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aminorjourney

Hi folks,

Can someone help me find M10/M11's location on the car, please?

Here in the UK we have power folding mirrors, and I'm trying ti figure out where M10 and M11 connect to the door harness so I can install an auto-fold circuit for when I lock the car.

From inside the car, I can see the loom disappear into the rubber hose... from the other side I see the rubber hose head into the car.

But where does the M harness connect to the D harness? Anyone explored that far?

Cheers,

Nikki.

aminorjourney said:
Here in the UK we have power folding mirrors ...
Nikki.
TransportEvolved is very well done :D :D
Everyone should give it a try :!: :!:

No idea about the connectors. But curious why UK has this.
Government requirement :?:
Based on small garages, narrow alleys or roadways, or what :?:

Could you update your MNL profile to give your Bristol, UK location?

Of course! I'll update that now. Guess I should put a photo on too, eh?

Thanks for the kind words about TE. We're currently looking for some serious business backing to move it to the next level: a real, permanent studio (eventually in Oregon but for a year here) and some staff writers we can pay to write so we can do more fun videos. We have BIG plans... but no money!

Back on topic: as to the folding mirrors? I think we have them here because they're really rather useful. I live in a cul-de-sac at the end of a much larger cul-de-sac. To drive down my local subdivision road, I encounter cars parked both sides of the road. There's room for one car to pass, not two. Which is stupid, because if there was adequate parking on everyone's driveway, the road would be two cars wide, easily.

When parking too, moving the mirrors in makes a big difference. That's one of the reasons I'd like to add auto-fold.

We also have some other features you guys don't get: I have auto wipers AND auto lights (LED headlights, normal daytime running lights hidden with the fog lamps!)

I also have a speed limiter (which I love, because I can set the speed limiter to whatever the limit is and never worry about getting a speeding ticket.) Since parts of Bristol are now 20 mph zones, that's invaluable. We also have cruise.

We also get kickdown simulation, so in ECO mode we push against the spring at the bottom of the accelerator pedal to temporarily get the full 80 kW of the motor. Push to the spring -- not past -- and you'll get about 50 kW...

Anyway. I tried looking again, and I can't see this darned connector. Thoughts?

Nikki.

aminorjourney said:
I live in a cul-de-sac at the end of a much larger cul-de-sac.

That would be an alveolus. :lol:

Sorry, no info on the harness but I wanted to add another thanks for the work you put into the shows.

aminorjourney said:
We also have some other features you guys don't get: I have auto wipers AND auto lights (LED headlights, normal daytime running lights hidden with the fog lamps!)

I also have a speed limiter (which I love, because I can set the speed limiter to whatever the limit is and never worry about getting a speeding ticket.) Since parts of Bristol are now 20 mph zones, that's invaluable. We also have cruise.
I wish the US version had all of that.
Data on improved safety with daytime running lights is clear.
Insane that not all auto manufacturers don't put it on all their vehicles like GM did many years ago.
Come on Nissan, you're better than that!
Smart enough to build the world's first mass produced EV but not smart enough to include automatic daytime running lights.
Hard to comprehend?

And the cruise control not working below 25 mph is really irritating. I had a 1988 Mercur Scorpio that would set cruise down to around 10mph. Was very handy in a downtown low speed limit part of Paducah, Kentucky.
A speed limiter would be even better.
Very useful and safer in 15 mph school zones.

The Scorpio had daytime running lights too! But I had to add it by buying and installing a $10 module which they used on the Canadian version. Ford wasn't too smart on daytime running lights either!

Sorry I don't have any info or guess on the connectors.

If you go here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=255" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You'll find links to a service manual and also a dismantlers guide, bon appetite.

Would gush some more over your fab show and writings, but being British, don't want to embarrass.

Cheers!

Back