Jailbreak

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrykerOne

Does anyone know if it is possible to jailbreak the Leafs entertainment system (and if so, how), specifically the touch screen menu system? I find it very clunky. What I would really like to do is have the up/down joystick selector on the steering wheel randomly select a new song when the USB system is set to random, and not just play the next song in alphabetical order and then cancel out of random mode. I'd also like to make many of the touch screen "buttons" larger.

Thanks

2013 SL

I am also very interested in this. Nothing anywhere about cracking the OS/ connections to the leaf computers or nav system. :(

It runs Windows Embedded Automotive 7 (basically just a Windows CE kernel), the custom interface we all see is just a different shell or interface, not the operating system. Ford Sync runs on the same exact OS, just a totally different interface.

Except that the Ford interface is at least 1000% better... :lol:

kubel said:
It runs Windows Embedded Automotive 7 (basically just a Windows CE kernel), the custom interface we all see is just a different shell or interface, not the operating system. Ford Sync runs on the same exact OS, just a totally different interface.

There are only two things I want changed. The ability to see blue toothed songs i'm playing from my Samsung Galaxy S3 on the LEAF screen and please please please kill the switch that dims out buttons on the GPS while the LEAF is moving. I hate that part the most!

Everything is else is fine.

It does show the names of the songs I play via blue tooth via my S4, and it does allow to skip forward and back via steering wheel's control. Not always so - it definitely work when in shuffle mode. When I do choose the songs from the folder on the phone - usually it does reflect the name, but not always.
I would be more interested in figuring out how to ground the speed wire - so that GPS is fully operational while driving - I guess that the same as "dimming of the buttons"))

Doesn't work with the S3, I'm still in contract, no desire to break my contract to just see songs on the screen.

Especially since the S3 is only for spooling songs to my LEAF. It's in my LEAF right now. I have two cell phones. My main phone is an iPhone 4S. I bought the S3 because I hate when somebody calls or texts and my music gets paused or the chime plays through the car. I hate disruptions when I play my music.

I'd like to get the Note 3 next. I really like that BIG screen.

Anybody have a Samsung Note 3 ?

I have no songs on my S3. I'm using the RDIO.com app and spooling the songs via BT.

But I do want to put some songs on it. Some Led Zepplin because rdio does not have them.

But I'm really an iTunes guy. Not really sure how to put music on the Android. Do I just hook it up and copy MP3's to some folder?

turbo2ltr said:
I have an S3 and the song names come through on BT.

Lasareath said:
Not a Note 3, but a Note 2. I tried Bluetooth for playing music from it through the LEAF's (premium) stereo but the fidelity was awful. I'm getting much better results from a USB stick.

Lasareath said:
.... Not really sure how to put music on the Android. Do I just hook it up and copy MP3's to some folder? ...
I've had experience with the S3 in the LEAF. Yes just copy mp3 files (or the mpa files iTunes uses for that matter) into a folder. You can use the Samsung music app play them and you'll get song info on the display. Pandora also finally got song info working just before the beginning of the year.

P.S. If you're such an iTunes guy, why not an iPhone or iPod Touch, which would give you song info over BT, PLUS iTunes syncing?

for bluetooth DATA transfer (song names) this has nothing to do with your S3 and everything to do with the APP your using.

ie the APP must support the proper migration of this data to the leaf's head unit. ie contact the developer of the app and ask to have this functionality added.

Bluetooth audio connection for music in my 2012 leaf to my note 3 is perfect. no quality issues at all in fact is sounds fantastic.

I may still install my himbox anyway as I REALLY hate that I can not play/pause from the wheel.

question. I notice where the CD slot is I have 2 SD card slots one filled (map data I assume) can I stick some music on another SD card and use that second slot and play music that way?

The biggest nuisance for me is the small 'Accept' , 'Hangup' buttons on an incoming phone call. There have been times I have pressed the Hangup instead of Accept.

Actually the size of those buttons and the proximity to each other is a safety hazard.

Lasareath said:
Doesn't work with the S3, I'm still in contract, no desire to break my contract to just see songs on the screen.

. . . . . . . . snip . . . . . . .

Yes (Segway approaching) - however it won't come back 'till this afternoon, so temporarily for me, it's back to the original Note (not even called note 1) designed for ATT, now hacked to run T-Mobile on a cooked rom. In contract? Here's what many do .... you default on your contract, sell your $600 phone for $450, but keep making payments on the phone for 3 months. After 3 months - stop paying. Then, your sold phone's IMEI stops working for the poor slob (me) that you sold it to. Once the IMEI is put on the blacklist (for non-payment) the poor slob is stuck at his/her own peril ... just trying to figure out whether its a bad sim card / bad sim slot / bad OTA update etc. So I fortunately had an old original HTC 4g phone that I could use to port its IMEI onto the Note 3 (what a hassle). Still saved a boat load, tho a huge time waste.
long story short, yes, the note 3 shows song titles.
what's REALLY nice is streaming web music via Bluetooth, as the phone doesn't get the least bit warm (mongo quad processor) - or lag while running several aps simultaneously ... and the battery is so huge, you can use it to charge other phones! I do love me some overkill.
:D

Lasareath said:

Especially since the S3 is only for spooling songs to my LEAF. It's in my LEAF right now. I have two cell phones. My main phone is an iPhone 4S. I bought the S3 because I hate when somebody calls or texts and my music gets paused or the chime plays through the car. I hate disruptions when I play my music.

I'd like to get the Note 3 next. I really like that BIG screen.

I would recommend the LG G3 over the Note 3. Screen is only .2" smaller but is quad HD instead of only 1080p. I just picked one up over the Note 3 and I know I made the right decision. The screen is ridiculously good. Way better even than Apples upcoming iphone 6.

Back