Blitz coilovers installed

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knightarmor

Some misc. installation pics to come soon!

Love this car even more now, the wheel gap was killing me! Dropped approx 50mm, have roughly 25mm more allowable drop. Ride is nice, the big bumps are felt a bit harder and I am currently running 12 clicks from full soft.

leaf_blitz.jpg

Tint is-

front windshield brow- 2.5%
front 1/4 windows- 2.5%
front doors- 20%
Back doors and hatch- 5%

Looks great, especially with the 17" wheels! Can you post more pics?

Where did you get them and how much did they cost? I've been watching some Megan Racing Coilovers on eBay - lowest I've seen are $879 w/free shipping.

Got the kit direct from Japan through Jesse Streeter. Ended up being about 1300$ with super fast shipping (literally one day shipping from Japan!!).

Another shot.

leaf_blitz_02.jpg

Rear blitz shocks compared to OEM KYB's.
blitz_rear_shocks.jpg

Rear blitz spring next to OEM
blitz_springs.jpg

Blitz strut assembly compared to OEM
blitz_struts.jpg

The OEM 17's will be for sale soon.

Another set of 17's, a bit lighter and a different offset to push the wheels out a bit now that the car is lower.

Those New Struts are really sexy!

Car looks great! Congrats.

Was the $1300 for just the wheels or Wheels, tires, TPMS and center caps?

I love it. My 2 cars are both lowered...wish those were available locally, maybe someday. When you were working under there what do the sway bars setups look like?? It feels like they are very wimpy.

The bars are extremely beefy, I didn't measure but they appeared 20mm+ to me.
I have to point out that I've driven the 2011, 2012, and obviously my 2013. From 2011 to 2013 the suspension was firmed up quite a bit. The 2011 I remember bouncing around like there were no shocks in the car, the 2012 was stiffer but still pretty bouncy. The 2013 was extremely stiff compared to the previous models. Could also have been the suspension package on the SL that is different to prevent the 17" wheels from rubbing on the fender liners.

I made a quick adjustment to the rear this weekend by lowering the shock body to allow for ideal travel distance as the bumps were felt pretty rough in the rear, I fear I was close to bottoming the shock out and the ride is much smoother now after the adjustment. Suspension is holding up great so far to the NW weather. We'll see how it does through the winter.

Well mine is an 11' so I guess that is the wimpy shock setup. I hope at some point that KYB or Bilstein does some better performance strut/shock replacements for the Leaf and find some better bushings for the sway barss, I cannot see doing a coil over setup for me wife :). I Just ordered her Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sports in WR so that should at least make the car handle a heck of a lot better.

The Blitz setup up is real nice, it rides equal or better in comfort than the factory suspension, now that i'm dialing it in it's even nicer. My wife thought it rode pretty rough with the factory suspension and hasn't complained about the Blitz setup, her daily runs Koni adjustables with B+G springs though, now that's rough!! :D

Back