New Wheels - 2011 Leaf SL with Weds Sport TC-005

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vijayl

Bought it off of local CL.
Stock Specs weighs 21 lbs each (which most of you already know):
Wheel - 16"x6.5
Lugs - 5x114.3
Offset - 40mm

WedsSport TC-005 (Discontinued) 12.7 lbs each:
Wheel - 16"x7
Lugs - 5x114.3
Offset - 42mm

Wheels fit perfectly and looks nice on the Leaf to my eyes. My son says these are good for a sports car. Wheels came with a Bridgestone Potenza and PrimeWells, which has a very high rolling resistance, despite lighter unsprung weight.
I used to get 5miles/KW with factory wheels/tires and now I get about 4.4miles/KW.
I want to get a new set of lug nuts..

9688377717_1606f54786_b.jpg

Picture of Leaf with WedsSport TC-005

Vijay, thanks for posting. You might want to use a different URL for the image. Here is an example (1024 x 545):

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3811/9688377717_1606f54786_b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

surfingslovak said:
Vijay, thanks for posting. You might want to use a different URL for the image. Here is an example (1024 x 545):

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3811/9688377717_1606f54786_b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks and I updated it. Could you please let me know how to get this URL?

knightarmor said:
Looks good, now finish it and slam it! :D

...and get rid of those Primewells!

Following few threads on coilovers, leaning towards Megan Racing, if we can do a group buy, that would be great..

vijayl said:
Vijay, right-click the image and select, which size you preferred for your static image. Static images don't require Flickr sign in and they stay live unless or until the original image was deleted. Hope this helps.

15L0PmA

Thanks!
surfingslovak said:
vijayl said:
Vijay, right-click the image and select, which size you preferred for your static image. Static images don't require Flickr sign in and they stay live unless or until the original image was deleted. Hope this helps.

Glad I found this thread. So my wife is our Leaf owner and last week she starts bitching that her Leaf handles like crap. She has 15k on it, the stock tires are crap for sure, but she says the shocks are no good. I went outside and there is nothing wrong with them. However I did notice the car has very easy to push side to side. So does that mean Megan coilovers or thicker sway bars or both.

I am going to order her Bridgestone S04 YR tires, we'll see what that does for her, but if any group buys on the Megan's came around ping me.

vijayl said:
Wheel - 16"x7
Lugs - 5x114.3
Offset - 42mm

They came with Bridgestone Potenza PrimeWells. I used to get 5miles/KW with factory wheels/tires and now I get about 4.4miles/KW.

Did you get your efficiency back to 5 miles/KW with LRR tires?

Celeritas said:
vijayl said:
Wheel - 16"x7
Lugs - 5x114.3
Offset - 42mm

They came with Bridgestone Potenza PrimeWells. I used to get 5miles/KW with factory wheels/tires and now I get about 4.4miles/KW.

Did you get your efficiency back to 5 miles/KW with LRR tires?

I'm not drivving Leaf anymore, but I've the stock tires on'em. I've not done a good efficiency test after I put Ecos on.

Back