Right on, Nubo! I haven't tried rubbing a dryer sheet on the seat, that is a great idea!
When I moved to the SF Bay Area (dry air) from Hawaii (humid air), I got some wicked static discharges while getting out of my Honda Civic. Certain clothing tends to make it worse (synthetics, silk) as does dragging yourself across the seat as you get out. Your shoes can make it better or worse.
Since I had to use a key to open the car door, I used the metal key as my current spreader, and found it amusing to sometimes see big sparks without feeling much pain from them. But it is difficult to do that when getting out of the car, and the worst static shocks I have ever experienced occurred as I was getting out of the car. So I started making it a habit to keep my right hand in contact with the body of the car as I was getting out of the seat, usually holding onto the bracket that the door latches to when it is closed. That way the static is harmlessly drained off as I am getting up, keeping the charge from building up to painful levels. It does look a little odd, but it is a lot less painful than being shocked. You might have to wipe off excess grease on the bracket the first time.