Aftermarket backup camera install gone wrong

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrenc

After reading the how to's here, I finally decided with a friends help to install a backup camera in my 2013 SV. After many hours of checking and re-checking our connections, we've both come to the same conclusion; We don't know what went wrong!
I think it comes down to pin 56 on the M84 connection, and as I understand it that wire has to be cut and grounded so that the TCU knows that there is a camera and to switch to that screen when the car is put in reverse, so therefore even if the camera is not working it would still show a blank screen with the guide lines superimposed, correct? Pins 59 and 60 are the video feed and we took power from the backup lights.
So far, we have nothing. The camera is powering up, but we have no other monitor nearby to verify it is working.
We decided to put everything back together and revisit it on another day when we know what went wrong... :oops:

Not a lot of interest in this mod anymore, which I understand since all the newer models have it as standard equipment, but just to update my post and for anyone considering this on a 2013, please read my post here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=10107&p=533583#p533583

I appreciate the update. I've contemplated this mod since I purchased my Leaf, but never got around to trying it. I also have a 2013 SV without the Bose kit installed.

Back