Convert non led to LED?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nerys

Just got a 2016 Nissan Leaf SL has every stinking feature Under the Sun except one LED headlights want to take the LED headlights from my 12 and put them in my 16 but I know that I don't have the aiming adjustment knob in the 16 any chance that's Plug and Play? Any other gotchas for a swap?

Thanks also any other changes or modifications I should make to my 16 settings I should adjust it cetera?

in case anyone else reads this wanting to do this.

answer is a definite NO. regardless of year.

while they are mechanically identical they are electrically unique. the LED car has an 8 pin connector while the incan unit is 6pin and the LED unit (as expected not super critical) has an additional connection that is separate for the vertical adjustment (the little wheel in the cab that lets you adjust the aim of the LED lights) this is manual (knob) on the incan fixture.

so while they will bolt in they will not plug in. whether this can be adapted I am unsure of as I am not yet willing to go dicking around with my brand new $18,000 car :)

ITs easier just to swap out the Halogen Bulbs for LED bulbs. I did this on my 2013 S a few weeks ago. My headlights were adjusted correctly from the start, no additional scattered beam on the LEDs than on the Halogens. Nice bright lights and I they also have Hi-Beams. $37 off Amazon. best purchase yet.

if your apart of the Nissan Leaf FB group, I recently posted pics on there.

Back