Weathertec leaf mats sticking on the brake

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avalanch00

So I ordered my weather tec mats, and installed them day of delivery. (Removed factory mats first).
Driving home, after pressing the brake to come to a stop, the brake pedal caught the mat.

http://imgur.com/CvF6Vc9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When I went to accelerate the mat was pinched, causing the brake to be pressed at the same time.
http://imgur.com/RHwPN8R" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stopped, ripped the mat out. When I got home I installed the mats again, and pressed the brake and it caught the mat again.

Contacted Weather tec on Oct. 30th, heard back on the 1st, they wanted to make sure I didn't have both factory carpet mats and weather tec mats installed as the same time. Followed up on the 5th after not hearing back, and just today (11th) received a called today from an Engineer saying my weather tec mats weren't cut far enough down. They are sending a replacement tomorrow, hopefully it was just a one time thing.

I love the weather tec mats, we've had them for three years in our other car. Disappointed had to wait 10 days to hear back about a possible accident causing issue.

tldr; When installing your mats in your leaf, make sure the brake doesn't catch the mat.

Also, after I get the new mat I will have 1 driver side mat for sale. Just kidding.

EDIT: Must not be able to include images:
1) http://imgur.com/CvF6Vc9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2) http://imgur.com/RHwPN8R" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Their $50 universal fit mats actually fit quite well after trimming, and look pretty good as well. An option to consider. The post holes don't line up, though.

WeatherTech has the worst customer service imaginable. If there is ever a fit issue(their products used to be top notch but have really went downhill), you will be on your own.

As long as the issue gets fixed, I'll be happy.

Here's the new vs. old

8707xPjl.jpg

Just bought mine today - for 2015 Leaf - 445501 front and 445502 for the rears - $179.00 before tax and shipping.

Put into the Leaf at the Bollingbrook IL factory store and they fit far beyond my expectations, like a glove, no brake or throttle issues. They fit perfectly over the slip hangers and pressed into them like a perfect NASA design for millions. Wow!!

They also perfectly cover the left foot rest stop. Was surprised at how inferior the first level pseudo carpet is on the car. This is not far from Hyundia Excell 1985 quality!! Worse than Honda Civic pre Gen 5 (1992 - 1996) as well. This liner gets really wet without a winter floor liner/ mat - Hard to believe they leave the factory without them since I would claim a water to the battery risk via the wet factory carpet floor mats.

avalanch00 said:
As long as the issue gets fixed, I'll be happy.

Here's the new vs. old

8707xPjl.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if that's a right hand drive passenger mat that they originally sent you.

Do they make mats for the UK or Japan?

rexki said:
Just bought mine today - for 2015 Leaf - 445501 front and 445502 for the rears - $179.00 before tax and shipping.

Put into the Leaf at the Bollingbrook IL factory store and they fit far beyond my expectations, like a glove, no brake or throttle issues. They fit perfectly over the slip hangers and pressed into them like a perfect NASA design for millions. Wow!!

They also perfectly cover the left foot rest stop. Was surprised at how inferior the first level pseudo carpet is on the car. This is not far from Hyundia Excell 1985 quality!! Worse than Honda Civic pre Gen 5 (1992 - 1996) as well. This liner gets really wet without a winter floor liner/ mat - Hard to believe they leave the factory without them since I would claim a water to the battery risk via the wet factory carpet floor mats.

I have a set, got them because the stock leaf ones had been on back order months.

I've always used the weathertech mats this is my first set of the floor liners. I HATE the liners, yes they work well to protect the car but there is nothing to protect your shoes/pants from the water. The mats they make fit great and have good deep groves to give the water somewhere to go. With these liners it's like you're in that puddle and all that dirt that is left after. Plus they are freaking expensive!!!! I can see why they make them first for low volume cars and not the mats.

EVFuture said:
I bought Weathertechs for my LEAF and never noticed that issue, that's strange.

Are you getting in after clearing the car out of snow deep enough to cover your boots?

I drove for about an hour and a half today in beautiful sunny weather. Was at the coffee shop and crossed my legs noticing the bottom 5 inches of my pants were soaked, only at the back not at the front but it's been clear all day. Got back in the car and of coarse that's the problem. The back of the pant leg was sitting in water from the previous days snow fall in the mat.

Back