Nissan's "NAVTEQ Map Reporter" MIA?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TennLeafer

I got en email from Nissan this morning. It had a lot of stuff I already knew (i.e., the Pikes Peak run), but it also had this interesting tidbit...

"LEAF™ New Feature:
Navteq Map Reporter
Have you found an EV charging station that isn’t on the map in your Nissan LEAF navigation system? With this newly added feature on the Navteq site, you can now report and request map updates for charging stations.
Access this feature through the Nissan Owner website"

I'd love to be able to crowd-source a map of public charging stations. I have yet to find any app or map (Plugshare included) that includes several of the public stations in my community. Carwings, of course, only has the Nissan dealerships.

Unfortunately, the Nissan Owner Website it linked to is different than the "Nissan Owners Portal" I use to access carwings. Regardless, I created a new account for this "owner" website. It isn't a LEAF specific site, and I can't seem to find any useful functionality in it. Also, not a single mention of the "Navteq Map Reporter" I signed up for. If you google the term, you'll find that Navteq does administer such a site, but it doesn't have anything to do with Nissan, and I can't seem to figure out how to add public charging stations as "points of interest".

This seems to be a great example of Nissan's left hand's ignorance of the right's. Why send out a blast email advertising something that isn't functional? Why have a "Nissan Owner Website" different from the "Nissan Owners Portal"?

I received the same email this morning and I ran into the same issues. I went ahead and registered on the "other" owners portal from the link in the email. Upon logging in, I wasn't able to find the Map Reporter nor could I find it in the LEAF owners portal.

:roll:

Hopefully they will get it rolled out properly.

The last question/answer on the FAQ.

http://www.nissanusa.com/owning/faqs/leaf.html

"Follow these steps to report an EV Charging station that is not on the map in your Nissan Leaf navigation system"

1. Visit NAVTEQ Map Reporter website: www.mapreporter.com
OR visit access link via the Nissan Owner Portal website: www.nissanusa.com/owners

2. When the map loads, it will display the city nearest to your current location, in this case Chicago:

Double-click to zoom in to the location on the map where the missing EV POI is located. Click and drag to scroll the map if you need to. Continue to zoom in by double clicking until the grey zoom level indicator on the left indicates Detail.
3. Left-click once on the road at the location where the EV POI is located. The road will change color and a pop-up balloon menu will appear.
4. Click on other categories from the pop-up balloon menu. The following new panel will appear on the left side of the screen.
5. Select Electric Vehicles from the pull-down list for “Select an item to change.”
6. Select Add Charging Station from the pull-down list for “Report the issue”. A new set of fields will now appear in the middle of the panel.
7. In the “About the station” section, select the connector type from the “Connector” pull-down list.
8. Select the feed type from the “Feed type” pull-down list.
9. Enter the number of connectors at the EV station in the “Qty” box.
10. If known, check the boxes appropriate to EV station features. If you check the “Payment required” checkbox, the system will show additional checkboxes for the credit cards accepted.
11. Enter any additional explanation or details not captured above in the “Additional details about your map report” box.
12. Click the checkbox next to “Click for attach a screen view”. This will include with your report a screenshot of the current map view you are viewing. A thumbnail of the screenshot will appear just below the “Attach document or image” link.
13. If desired, you may attach a document or picture to your map report by clicking the “Attach a document or image” link.
14. Click the Browse button next to “”Your map system.” The following Navigation System Finder window will appear:
15. Select Factory Installed In-vehicle from the “System type” pull-down menu that appears.
16. Select Nissan from the “Manufacturer” pull-down list.
17. Select Leaf from the “Model” pull-down list.
18. Click the OK button below the window.
19. If you want to receive updates on status of the resolution of this missing POI, enter your email address in the “Your E-mail address” box. Although it is not required, we recommend that you do so, so that you can receive email updates on the status of your map report.
20. Check the terms of use box to agree to the terms of use. When you do, the completeness score at the bottom of the page will update to show the level of detail in your report.
21. Click the Send Report button to submit your report.

Thanks for the info! Those instructions are a little convoluted, but I think I successfully added two of the public stations I've used. Now we'll see how long it takes to show up in a map update pushed to the car.

It is still frustrating that Nissan gave me a bad link to a useless/duplicate owners portal in today's email.

Back