Adding engine sound effects...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginvent

I had to share this because I have been subject to random people revving their engines when they see my leaf.

I only know how to do this on iPhone:

1) Download EngSounds for the iphone
2) Setup your phone for bluetooth audio into your leaf stereo
3) Run the program and select New Interactive Mode (it acts like a gas pedal, when you hold the phone upright, the engine sound idles)
4) Turn up stereo to max with windows down.
5) REV YOUR ENGINE!!!

Its pretty funny to see the different smiles from folks. You can choose different engine sounds from V4 to V12!

Enjoy
-Joseph

Remember those growling twist throttles for bikes we had as kids? Maybe something like that mounted over the side mirrors :D

OrientExpress said:
ginvent said:
I only know how to do this on iPhone:

1) Download EngSounds for the iphone

I was not able to find an app called EndSounds at the iPhone app store. Can you be help me with where to find it?
It looks like it's called Engine Sounds, "EngSounds" must be the short name it shows on the iPhone itself to save space...

I'm kind of getting to like the whine of the Leaf's normal added sound, but can it make it louder like a jet engine?

Pretty cool! I like the V6 myself. (It does have a jet sound.)

Now if I only had my Leaf to play it in. :(

So will one of you hacker types figure a way to load it into
the Leaf's system? ;)

Danny said:
I'm kind of getting to like the whine of the Leaf's normal added sound, but can it make it louder like a jet engine?
I want mine to sound like warp engines out of Star Trek, or something similar. ;)

Back