Nav traffic is gone?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gonewild

Does anyone have missing traffic on the nav? It used to show green or what ever and now all roads are red my XM sub is over does that have something to do with it I am not use when it stopped.

No, it comes down on the satellite feed. This is how virtually all the nav traffic systems work these days (some years ago there used to also be a commercial FM subcarrier service but that is largely dead now).

Gonewild said:
Wow it should be part of carwings since it has the wireless.

mogur said:
No, it comes down on the satellite feed. This is how virtually all the nav traffic systems work these days (some years ago there used to also be a commercial FM subcarrier service but that is largely dead now).

Gonewild said:
Wow it should be part of carwings since it has the wireless.

yeah. i just noticed that today. it's gone.

so, to get traffic feature on the Nav, you need a subs with XM ? Sheesh that sucks....

You can just purchase the traffic information only if you like...

pricing2.jpg

it was discussed thoroughly in this thread....

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4304&start=80

mogur said:
(some years ago there used to also be a commercial FM subcarrier service but that is largely dead now)
This service is quite alive and well in most markets (if not more than XM). The U.K. spec LEAF uses the subcarrier service to get traffic information and I'm kinda upset that Nissan bowed to XM's wishes when incorporating their service into the U.S. spec LEAF. :(

OK, I guess I should have prefixed that with "In the U.S." The problem with the FM service, at least in the U.S., was that coverage was often spotty. I had it on a GPS some years back in L.A. and there was many places where I lost the traffic signal due to the holes in the FM station coverage and the low subcarrier injection level. Satellite or cellular (Google Maps) is simply more reliable and wide-spread for such a service.

DarkStar said:
mogur said:
(some years ago there used to also be a commercial FM subcarrier service but that is largely dead now)
This service is quite alive and well in most markets (if not more than XM). The U.K. spec LEAF uses the subcarrier service to get traffic information and I'm kinda upset that Nissan bowed to XM's wishes when incorporating their service into the U.S. spec LEAF. :(

Back