iOS 5 (beta) brings track info over bluetooth audio!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeekEV

Hey guys, I thought you'd like to know that the iOS 5 beta finally brings track information to the LEAF screen when using A2DP bluetooth audio streaming! Yay! :D

The handset just has to be able to send this information over bluetooth. Nothing evil about itunes, it just simply was not supported in the A2DP profile.

It doesn't work that well, frequently, it failed to up date the track info, you it still displays the info from the previous song, and also the time counter doesn't work.

Its still the same in IOS5 B2

The time counter works for me on my iPhone 4 with beta 2. I've only rarely noticed it failing to update, but it's only been a couple of days. :lol:

iOS 5, like Windows Phone code named "Mango", adds support for AVRCP 1.3, hence the appearance of song metadata, and ability to control tune playback from the car.

rainnw said:
Not that i expected it or anything, but does the LEAF have image support?
I couldn't tell you of it's iOS 5 that's missing support or the LEAF, but I can tell you no artwork appears. It doesn't show over the USB connection either.

GeekEV said:
rainnw said:
Not that i expected it or anything, but does the LEAF have image support?
I couldn't tell you of it's iOS 5 that's missing support or the LEAF, but I can tell you no artwork appears. It doesn't show over the USB connection either.

The fact that the USB interface doesn't provide graphics/images (I was a bit disappointed btw) tells me it's the Leaf. However, I'm more inclined to upgrade my iPhone OS (when no longer beta) now since I want to (mostly) play music via BT; I'll save the USB cable for long trips and/or charging.

Back