Limit on number of MP3s per directory?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tzzhc4

I searched and didn't see this discussed previously. If I missed it can someone please point me to the discussion.

Anyone notice the limit on the number of MP3s the built in player will recognise on a flash drive? I recently added another hundred to the flash drive I use in my Leaf and none of the new ones showed up in the car until I spilt them between two subdirectories with under 200 in each (previously they were all in a single subdirectory off the root). Not sure of the exact limit since I just split what I had in half and it worked so I didn't look into it further.

Check out this thread:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2427

255 file limit per folder, and it plays them in alphabetical order. It's very annoying. Shuffle on the USB drive sucks as well if you ever want to skip tracks. I state on that thread how I created a program that would take my whole playlist and automatically shuffle and distribute it across multiple folders, renaming files with numbers so that they play in the shuffled order when the car is telling it to play "in order". It's really annoying, but now that I have it set up it's working great.

Dumbest USB drive player EVER.

blorg said:
It's really annoying, but now that I have it set up it's working great.

Dumbest USB drive player EVER.

Thanks for the link and and I agree that it sucks. Guess I will just let Musicbrainz reorder my USB by folder/artist.

Back