Anybody else's XM trial end today?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shtimseht

Hi All -

I just picked up my car about two weeks ago. Today on the commute back home from work the XM radio went out. No stations and no XM traffic updates. I saw this topic from a search:

www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3600

It seemed to imply that the XM on leafs was set to all expire today 6/10. Did anybody else lose their connectivity to the XM trial?
I wonder if I should try to call Nissan to see if they will extend it from the date that I purchased the car or if that was it for the free trial. :?:

Mine expired. I plan on calling Nissan first thing Monday to see if it can be extended, although truth be told I haven't really used it much. I just fundamentally don't like the fact that it was sold with a six month subscription but started 4 1/2 months before I took delivery.

Hi,
Mine ended today too. I called XM directly (Customer Satisfaction Department at 1-866-519-7570) and let 'em know that it stopped. The rep took my info, (radio ID, email, etc.) and created an official account for me. Once she activated this "new" account, I'm back in business -- with, get this: a 6 month free trial period starting today.

So, give them a call.

Good luck,
Mick

Mine stopped today, two weeks after I got the car. No time to explore the stations nor find out whether I can get any useful information from the traffic service.

Mine died this afternoon; all of the presets vanished, and I only got the "XM Preview" stations.

I called the number on the screen (800-643-2112) and sat on hold for about 10 minutes. The rep asked me for my radio number (had to park and de-activate Bluetooth; the radio number displays on "Channel 0"), and set me up with a new account. They offered: a) 5 months for $24.99 ("A 60% discount!!"), or b) one year for $95.

I took the year, which comes out to $106.25 or so with "U.S. music fee and applicable taxes".

All my presets returned intact in a few minutes, as promised.

90 days back would be March 10, which was just after my VIN/Carwings, and about 2 weeks before I took delivery.

Mine quite working today. I had the car less than 48 hrs before it went out.
Brad in Nashville

aqn said:
UkrainianKozak said:
Yep, mine stopped too...
Was fine in the morning, stopped working in the afternoon
XM stopped today. Got my car six weeks ago on 4/30/2011.
exactly the same.
It worked going to work but not on the way home.
I got mine April 29-30; it took two days to get it off the lot and do all the paperwork, orientation.

I dont get it. Most XM trials are 3 or 6 months.

As I mentioned in the original thread, for whatever reason the six-month trial started on 12/10/2010. It obviously hasn't affected everyone, but it seems like a simple call to customer service will start the trial over.

Nope, XM customer service refuses to do anything about the trial, and refers me back to the dealership.
As far as they are concerned, the dealership requested the trial period in December.

Which is remarkable for a car that was built in MARCH.

All I can guess is that they built a batch of AV units and 'tested' all of them by activating them? On the same day? Naw.

In any case, I've visited the dealership, left messages, but nobody seems able to get a full six month trial.

Whatever, shine it. I hope XM paid Nissan a bunch to install this junk.

For anyone that does actually want XM, may I suggest AM radio, which sounds about as good. Alternatively, get the shortest plan you can so when you cancel, they offer you the $77/yr deal.

z0ner said:
As I mentioned in the original thread, for whatever reason the six-month trial started on 12/10/2010. It obviously hasn't affected everyone, but it seems like a simple call to customer service will start the trial over.
hardly seems worth the phone call.
i will only miss the a couple of mlb games.

regardless, it was easy to do.
They seem to be all over the map.
I did ask for 6 months and they gave it to me.
I came back from a ride and could follow the Indians-Yanks.

EricH said:
Mine died this afternoon; all of the presets vanished, and I only got the "XM Preview" stations.

I called the number on the screen (800-643-2112) and sat on hold for about 10 minutes. The rep asked me for my radio number (had to park and de-activate Bluetooth; the radio number displays on "Channel 0"), and set me up with a new account. They offered: a) 5 months for $24.99 ("A 60% discount!!"), or b) one year for $95.

I took the year, which comes out to $106.25 or so with "U.S. music fee and applicable taxes".

All my presets returned intact in a few minutes, as promised.

90 days back would be March 10, which was just after my VIN/Carwings, and about 2 weeks before I took delivery.

Does that include traffic?

I saw a message that XM traffic trial was expired. Have not checked the radio part.
If it is done already then I am kinda dissappointed. CW will probably quietly go away in three years also.

Ditto on the free trial disappearance. Both the Prius (now gone) and ALtima hybrid have XM at a hugely discounted price, so I might have some leverage in getting it back when I call tomorrow.

Still, three months is supposed to be from the time you take delivery--it was with the other Nissans we bought. My advice is to call!

Back